Posted Salary Range
Commensurate with experience.
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that bank entries are
posted timely, accurately, and reconciled to the University’s
general ledger. He/she analyzes revenue and expense accounts to
ensure the state budget is maintained.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Knowledge of Governmental Accounting Standards Board.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Strong communication skills, verbal, written and
Effective time management skills.
Strong analytical skills.
Ability to interpret federal and state laws and regulations.
Ability to analyze financial data and effectively communicate
findings to management.
Ability to make sound and independent judgements.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains the general ledger, including preparation of journal
entries with supporting analysis and documentation.
- Completes monthly and year-end balancing and reconciling for
state, federal and institutional funds.
- Sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts and closes monthly
- Reconciles bank accounts timely, verifies deposits, and
addresses bank inquiries.
- Runs payroll feed processes to the general ledger, making
journal entries as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of year-end financial
- Other related duties, as assigned.
Licensing and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration,
Finance or related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Two (s) years’ accounting experience.
Work in noisy (above 85 decibels) areas
Sedentary Work - Exerting 10 pounds
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds
Medium Work - Exerting 20-50 pounds
Heavy Work - Exerting 50-100 pounds
Very Heavy Work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds
Extended Work Hours
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Alcorn State University
Equal Employment Opportunity and Notice of
Alcorn State University is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Alcorn State University is committed to providing access, equal
opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with
disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and
Excellent Benefits Package
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letter of Recommendation (Professional)
- Letter of Recommendation (Personal)
- Letter of Recommendation (Professional or Personal)