Position Title: Wellness Coordinator
Department: Employee Wellness Program
Advertised Pay: Base pay of $41,867 with potential for a
higher rate commensurate with experience
Campus Location: Washburn University
The screening committee will review all eligible applications
submitted by May 31, 2023
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the
Assistant Director of Fitness and Health Promotion, the Wellness
Coordinator plans, coordinates and manages a comprehensive,
wellness program for over 900 benefit-eligible Washburn University
employees and assists in wellness initiatives and programs for
• In coordination with Student Recreation and Wellness and Human
Resources staff, design and implement programs and interventions
based on client claims' data, health assessment results, and
national and regional trends in healthcare relevant to Washburn
University's employee population (gender, age, ethnic mix) to
include but not limited to:
• Coordinating annual health screenings and the annual health fair
while maintaining client confidentiality.
• Conducting consultations (wellness, fitness, behavior change,
nutrition), developing plans and follow-up meetings as
• Providing services, health risk appraisals, instruction,
education, and follow-up for high risk participants.
• Pro-actively interacting with participants to determine
appropriate goals and motivate employees towards positive,
beneficial health options.
• Working directly with appropriate staff to create a diverse
offering of wellness services, interactions, education and
• Recruit, hire, train, and supervise student staff.
• Represent Washburn University’s interest in health advocacy when
• Managing wellness program accounts.
• Generating reports and assisting with the development of the
annual strategic plan.
• Developing and delivering presentations as requested, e.g.,
departments, academic classes.
• Collaborating with other SRWC staff to plan and coordinate
• Attending appropriate and relevant conferences as
• Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as
• Bachelor's degree in Health Education, Health Promotion,
Kinesiology, Recreation, Wellness, Nutrition or a closely related
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of current health
behavior practices and theories.
• Proven effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal
• Demonstrated ability to effectively use computer programs
relevant to health promotion activities (e.g. nutrition analysis
• Current CPR and First Aid certification (or the ability to obtain
certification within 30 days of employment).
• One year of professional experience coordinating and implementing
a comprehensive wellness program.
• Candidates with current applicable fitness certification(s)
(Personal Training, Group Exercise Instructor, or Special
Populations) from recognized/accredited national organizations
(ACE, NASM, ACSM, NSCA, AFAA).
• Demonstrated ability to perform health/fitness assessments,
screenings, and consultations, and to conduct seminars and programs
on health and wellness topics.
• Proven effective data management, analysis and reporting
Full time Exempt Mon-Fri, Background Check Required