LIBRARY CLERK 2
Library Clerk 2
Academic Affairs, Division of
Staff & Administration
$40,193 = $19.25 hourly
If Part-Time, enter FTE:
Is this a temporary position?
If Temporary, enter End Date:
A full-time twelve month CSEA position, Library Clerk 2, reporting
to the Library Clerk 3 in Circulation. Work hours will vary based
on academic calendars and operational needs. This position may
occasionally require overtime. Typical hours are Tuesday through
Thursday 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM and Friday through Saturday 10:00 AM
1. Performs day-to-day operations at the Circulation desk such as
check-in/out, reserves, equipment requests, and financial
2. Performs administrative tasks including financial
reconciliation, reviewing reports, inventory of assets, responding
to departmental email.
3. Provides primary support for Library WEPA kiosks, departmental
copier and printers.
4. Manages course reserves: processes Reserves Request Forms,
collects/prepares materials, manages departments, course, and
reading lists in Alma’s Course Reserves module, and consults with
faculty as necessary.
5. Processes physical item requests, including retrieval,
cancellations, and expired requests.
6. Adds holds to student accounts for library fines and replacement
7. Oversees library occupancy statistics including collating data
8. Assists Library Clerk 3 with the supervision of all student
assistants including hiring, scheduling, training, payroll, and
9. Maintains familiarity with Memorial Library and Information
Resources policies and procedures.
10. Drafts and reviews documentation for circulation procedures, as
11. Participates in library committees and special projects as
Functional and Supervisory Relationships
Reports to Library Clerk 3 in Circulation
There are 3 ways to be eligible for this position:
1) Brand new to New York State employment- If you do not hold or
have held any NYS Civil Service clerical titles, then you would
qualify for this position through a full-time, temporary
appointment. You would have a 6 month to 1-year appointment
duration, with the likely possibility of extension. We anticipate
the position lasting until 2026 or until a new NYS Civil Service
exam is offered for this title. Position is eligible for NYS health
insurance, Vision/Dental insurance through CSEA union, NYS
retirement, and paid time off; including holidays.
2) Current employee of New York State- If you hold or have held
specific administrative NYS Civil Service titles, then you could
qualify for a full-time PROVISIONAL appointment in this title. You
must be a qualified employee of New York State, currently serving
in or having served in a permanent clerical, keyboarding, or
secretarial title allocated to Salary Grade 6 or higher. A list of
qualifying titles is available at:
Provisional appts. are eligible for NYS health insurance,
Vision/Dental insurance through the CSEA union, NYS retirement, and
paid time off; including holidays.
Since this is a promotional Civil Service title, to be appointed
permanently (vs. temporary or provisional) in the future, one must
take and be reachable (score in the top 3 scores) on the next NYS
Civil Service exam that matches this title. Failure to be reachable
within 60 days of the exam list establishment date would return you
to your prior title in NYS employment.
3) Current employee of New York State- To be appointed on a
PERMANENT basis to this title, you must hold or have held the title
of Library Clerk 2 or be reachable on the full-time NYS Civil
Service list and respond to canvass email that will be sent to
people on the eligible list. You may also qualify if you hold one
of the Office Assistant 2 titles.
For more information on how you could qualify for this position,
contact the Lorie Breed at email@example.com
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with
Disabilities Act (AA/ EEO / ADA ) employer. The College actively
seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a
disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would
enrich the diversity of the College.
Job Close Date
Posting Detail Information
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Special Instructions to Applicant
Special Instructions to Applicant
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * Are you currently employed by New York State?
- * If yes to the above, please identify the following: your
agency name, your current title and salary grade, how long you've
been in this title, and if you're currently serving
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Cover Letter