Posting Details (Default Section)
Clinical Assistant Professor of Physician Assistant Studies
Florham Campus, Madison, NJ
School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences-Florham
Hiring Manager Title:
Executive Associate Dean
Commensurate with Experience
Participates in the coordination the Clinical Phase (Professional
Year II) of the PA Program, provides instruction and analyzes
students’ performance and overall program outcomes for the Clinical
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the coordination of Supervised Clinical
Practice Experiences in the Clinical Phase of the PA Program.
- Actively participates in the processes of designing,
implementing, coordinating and evaluating the curriculum (A2.05g)
preparing syllabi for all courses in the Clinical Phase of the
- Assists in the analysis of supervised clinical practice
experiences for appropriateness of settings, patient demographics,
types of patient interactions and diagnoses.
- Assists in the scheduling of required and elective supervised
- Provides student instruction for an equivalent of one-two
courses workload per semester (A2.05c).
- Prepares and reviews exams, collaborates with faculty in test
construction. Participates in the analysis of item performance and
overall test construction.
- Evaluates student performance (A2.05d) and monitors
- Assists in the analysis of clinical curriculum outcomes.
- Assists in the analysis of student evaluations of rotations and
- Actively participates in the process of selecting applicants
for admission to the PA Program (A2.05b).
- Participates in clinical site visits as assigned.
- Actively participates in the remediation process of students of
remedial instruction, when needed (A2.05f).
- Serves as a faculty advisor for PA students, meets with
students, provides counseling, and assures appropriate
intervention, when required. (A2.05e).
- Attends and participates in PA committee meetings, program
activities, and campus events.
- Actively participates in the process of developing, reviewing
and revising (as necessary) the mission statement, goals, and
competencies (A2.05a) of the program.
- Serves as a member of committees, assisting with preparing
minutes and outcome reports.
- Contributes to ongoing self-study process, evaluation of the
program (A2.05h) and formal report to ARC -PA.
- Serves as faculty leader for service-learning events.
- Attends professional conferences, representing the PA Program
and the University.
Minimum 3-5 years clinical experience
Academic experience (preferred)
Graduate of an ARC -PA accredited PA
Masters degree (MS, MPA, MPH ), Doctorate preferred
Licensed as a PA
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS :
1 day a week dedicated to Clinical Practice or Research
Available weekends for Campus Events (e.g. Campus Visit Days)
Available evenings for program events (e.g. Research Forums)
Note: As per the 5th edition of the ARC -PA Standards (effective
September 2020), two principal faculty members must be hired by the
institution on a permanent basis at least 9 months prior to the
date of the scheduled site visit (D1.01c).
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory
background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a
waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document