Faculty, Non-tenure Track, Lecturer Aviation
Depends on Qualifications
6/5/2023 11:59 PM Mountain
UVU Provo Airport Campus 1185 Mike Jensen Pkwy
College of Technology/Computing
The School of Aviation Sciences (https://www.uvu.edu/aviation/
invites applications for a one-year, full-time non-tenure-track
lecture faculty position to begin August 2023. This position is a
placeholder for a tenure-track position. The aviation sciences
faculty teaches undergraduate courses in aviation
Utah Valley University places a strong emphasis on teaching.
Faculty members are expected to develop a learning environment and
activities that help students achieve their learning objectives.
UVU is committed to fostering and preserving a culture of equity,
inclusion, and diversity (EID). We recognize the need to develop a
diverse and inclusive faculty, staff, and student body and
encourage applicants with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences,
and expertise to apply.
The School of Aviation Sciences has educated thousands of aviation
industry professionals since 1988 and offers Bachelor's degrees in
Professional Pilot, Aviation Management and Aerospace Technology
Management. The School's flight training center is located at our
Provo Airport Campus only a 10-minute drive from UVU's main campus.
The Global Aviation online program provides funding and travel
opportunities supporting faculty directed initiatives. Aviation
faculty benefit from a highly competitive benefits and retirement
package as well as flexible in-person and online teaching schedules
with a focus on quality-of-life.
UVU operates 20 Diamond DA-40 single-engine trainers and 4 Piper
Seminoles twin-engine aircraft equipped with Garmin G1000 avionics
and six Frasca flight simulators. The School's two modern hangars
provide a professional and comfortable training environment for our
FAA 141 Flight Training Center and FAA 145 Certified Repair
Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in
Aviation or a related field to the coursework being taught.
PhD in an aviation related field from a regionally accredited
university; higher education experience with online teaching
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Frequent talking, hearing, sitting, walking, and standing.
- Frequent use of fine-hand manipulation associated with the use
of a computer.
- Knowledge of the principles and methodology of adult teaching
- Knowledge of current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
policies, regulations and procedures as related to best practices
- Knowledge of subject matter and course content.
- Knowledge of instructional strategies and techniques in upper
and lower division courses.
- Knowledge of student management, motivation, evaluation;
evaluation of (peer and self) instruction.
- Knowledge of and expertise in current trends in education such
as: engaged learning and service learning, learning technologies
(e.g., digital technologies for classroom management and distance
- Knowledge of online teaching environment, such as Canvas or
other course management systems.
- Proven skills as an accomplished teacher or trainer
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Effective verbal and technical written communication
- Effective interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students
from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to manage, motivate, and evaluate students and their
- Ability to teach college/university level aviation courses with
the knowledge and skill to encourage a high degree of interactivity
with students and department staff using a wide variety of
- Ability to plan measurable objectives, prepare instructional
materials, and follow an approved curriculum.
- Ability to assess student work and maintain and submit accurate
and current plans, reports, and records involving student
accountability, attendance, and performance.
UVU employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant's
qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability,
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related
conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/uvu/jobs/4031655/faculty-non-tenure-track-lecturer-aviation-science