- Facilitate student learning, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned courses, using each course’s approved outline as a guide.
- Administer course curricula, teaching, and other instructional materials, lectures, labs, etc., as appropriate to the respective course assignment.
- Implement AUK provisions and regulations on Quality Assurance (QA) and Institutional Academic Effectiveness (IAE) for enhancing students’ learning outcomes.
- Schedule, supervise, debrief, and evaluate students in simulation-based learning, skills lab, clinical practicum, internships, field experiences, etc., as appropriate for the course/program.
- Be available to students via email, phone, or other virtual conference platforms as needed.
- Assign grades and maintain course/student records in accordance with FERPA regulations and submit grades and course portfolios by established deadlines.
- Meet all classes as scheduled. Help students achieve their educational and career goals through formal or informal coaching.
- Post and keep on-campus office hours to facilitate interaction with students, other faculty, staff, administrators, and the public.
- Attend local, regional, state, or national meetings where required or necessary on behalf of the program/college/university.
- Attend commencement, university ceremonies, institutional workshops/training, and departmental/college-wide meetings.
- Perform other academically related duties as assigned by the department chair/dean/provost.
- Engage in scholarly research or creative activity.
- Participate in the annual faculty evaluation process.
- Participate in program-level learning assessment; participation includes helping articulate learning outcomes, assessment administration, data collection and analysis, and implementing tactics to improve student learning outcomes.
- Work with other faculty and administrators in developing program curricula as per disciplinary and accreditation standards.
- Serve on standing and ad hoc committees, advisory boards, hiring committees, faculty senate, etc.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in nursing or health-related discipline.
- Current unencumbered nursing license/registration.
- Minimum three years of full-time professional nursing practice experience.
- Relevant teaching experience in a nursing education program.
- Experience in instructional skills lab and simulation.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- Doctorate in nursing (PhD, DNP, DNS), or current enrollment in doctoral study.
- Clinical nursing experience and/or certification in one or more of the following areas: adult health/medical-surgical nursing, gerontological nursing, mental health/psychiatric nursing, obstetric/gynecological nursing, pediatric nursing, community health/public health nursing, and critical care nursing.
- Relevant teaching experience in undergraduate/graduate nursing programs.
- Knowledge and expertise with the policies and procedures of international accreditation organizations related to nursing.
It is the policy of the American University of Kurdistan to provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. The University promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace and makes recruiting decisions exclusively on the basis of qualifications, merit, and current work needs. This policy applies to all hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, remuneration, benefits, and training procedures within our Institution.