Nursing Mngmt (1151)
The Nursing Simulation Coordinator is a member of the College of
Health and Pharmacy (COHP) simulation team and contributes to the
daily management, organization, and delivery of simulation
activities at the COHP simulation centers. The primary focus of
simulation teaching for this position is within the undergraduate
BSN nursing programs as well as with interprofessional simulations
for the COHP. Participation in faculty meetings/committees is
expected to support faculty and students and expand simulation
experiences across the COHP and within the BSN programs.
Examples of Duties
Contribute to Daily Management of Simulation Centers:
- Orient undergraduate and graduate students to the COHP
simulation settings and experience.
- Create and deliver simulation experiences including case
details that align with learning outcomes through collaboration
with COHP faculty.
- Create and deliver remediation simulations for specific
students as assigned.
- Integrate simulated electronic health record (EHR) into
- Provide student feedback/assessment for simulation performance
as designed by the COHP faculty to measure learning outcomes.
- Assist in teaching in clinical and/or laboratory as
Manage Simulation Experiences:
- Manage physical space in simulation centers for safety and
- Participate in COHP planning to ensure simulation equipment,
supplies and materials are current with practice and industry
- Assist with scheduling of simulation experiences across the
- Assist in orientation of COHP faculty and staff to the
simulation centers in accordance with COHP orientation
- Collaborate with the COHP simulation team, simulation
technologists and COHP faculty to ensure that school specific or
college specific simulations are delivered in accordance with best
- Provide/expand/enhance multimedia resources for
- Assist COHP faculty during simulation experiences as
- Oversee the integration of the simulation case studies into the
mock electronic health record and within the learning systems in
collaboration with the simulation technologists.
- Provide consultation to COHP faculty in the development of new
- Maintains professional growth through workshops and conferences
- Engage in collaboration and participate in delivery within the
COHP interprofessional simulation.
- Participate actively in the Maine Simulation User network.
- Participate actively in online listserv and simulation user's
group for New England.
- Attend simulation training and webinars when appropriate.
- Participate in COHP clinical and simulation meetings, COHP
meetings, and School of Nursing meetings regularly as
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the functions.
Education and Experience:
- Active license, unencumbered Registered Nurse.
- Master's degree preferred. BSN required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and
organizational and clinical skills and self-motivated and ability
to work with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Teaching experience within academia preferred. Simulation
- Knowledge and familiarity with multi-media resources and
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to meet the simulation
needs of COHP programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. The
employee must be able to sit for long periods of time, be able to
work ergonomically, and be able to lift up to 10 pounds. There may
also be a good deal of walking depending on your role within the
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
function of this job. The work environment at Husson University is
one of a relaxed professional setting and faculty, staff, and
students may possibly share workspaces with our student. The noise
level in the work environment is typically quiet.
Each employee shall use care in the performance of his/her duties
and act in a manner that will assure maximum safety to themselves,
fellow employees, and the public. All unsafe conditions, accidents,
and injuries shall be reported immediate to the supervisor. * This
job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Tasks may
be added, deleted, or altered as organizational needs evolve, and
employee may be required to follow any other instructions, and to
perform any other related duties, that may be required by their
1 College Circle Bangor, ME, 04401