At Unity Environmental University we are on a mission to make
environmental education accessible and affordable to all. Our
unique model combines a functional hierarchy and project-based
structure through our four Sustainable Education Business Units
(SEBUs) to promote collaboration and innovation (Distance
Education, Sustainable Ventures, Hybrid Learning and the Technical
Institute for Environmental Professions). We prioritize our
students' needs above all else, offering a variety of modalities,
including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online. Our innovative and
inclusive culture prepares students to tackle real-world challenges
and cultivate the next generation of environmental professionals
and leaders who can make a positive impact on our world.
We are dedicated to delivering quality education and experiences
that produce outstanding environmentally competent professionals
and inspire individuals from all walks of life to steward
About Distance Education
: Distance Education provides an
entirely asynchronous, online learning experience that adapts to
the unique circumstances of each student. Our fully accredited
bachelor's and master's degree programs, as well as non-degree
credits, empower learners to shape their own educational journey.
With 8 five-week terms for undergraduates and 5 eight-week terms
for graduate students, our model offers unparalleled flexibility.
You can learn at your own pace, and take breaks as needed. By using
your everyday environment as your laboratory, you'll integrate your
studies into your daily life. This makes our education ideal for
busy professionals who seek to advance their careers while still
honoring their commitments. We are committed to empowering our
students to become the changemakers our world needs, wherever they
The Distance Education Graduate Enrollment Specialist is a revenue
generating position focused on recruiting a population of students
interested in online Graduate programs or other Distance Education
offerings. This position is responsible for all aspects of the
admissions recruitment cycle including communicating with
prospective students and business partners to aid in recruitment.
The Distance Education Graduate New Student Enrollment Specialist
maintains accurate records and works proactively with all stages of
student recruitment from prospect identification through
matriculation and supports Distance Education Advisors as
Day to day responsibilities:
Do you have the skills?
- Meet or exceed recruitment goals, which are set annually.
- Build and maintain necessary relationships with prospective
students and other influencers.
- Review student applications for admission decisions for
designated online programs based on agreed upon parameters.
- Prepare and deliver effective recruitment presentations at
colleges, fairs, workshops, and conferences while managing a table
at those events.
- Counsel and guide students through each stage of the admissions
- Make phone calls, send emails, traditional mail, and be
comfortable using effective technology as part of the recruitment
- Become knowledgeable and articulate about Unity Environmental
University Distance Education, its programs, market niche,
strategies, and procedures.
- Understand how to work with non-traditional and adult
- Full life cycle management of a pool of applicants: proactive
and holistic student contact and conversion throughout the inquiry,
application, and processes using the Constituent Relationship
Management (CRM) database.
- Serve as primary information provider for students about the
admission process, including information about financial aid,
billing, and the academic experience.
- Partner with Unity Environmental University Area
Representatives to recruit greater number of students from
secondary and tertiary territories.
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports on all
recruitment activities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree
- 3 years experience in college admissions recruiting.
- Excellent initiative and organizational skills with ability to
work both autonomously and in a team.
- Great time management skills.
- Ability to be professionally persistent.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong
- Ability and willingness to work with students from diverse
political/socioeconomic backgrounds and a wide range of physical
and academic abilities.
- Good skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and computerized
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of
Unity Environmental University.
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational
structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being
discreet, courteous, and well poised.
Are you contemplating the job but uncertain if you should
apply? We encourage you to reach out to us regardless. At our
company, we acknowledge that not everyone begins their professional
journey with equal advantages, opportunities, or privileges.
Therefore, we value your unique skills and experiences. Take a
chance and submit your application; you may be precisely the
individual we're searching for!
Location: Pineland Farms, New Gloucester, Maine
- Experience in recruiting online students.
- Personal experience with higher education financial assistance
Just a half hour from Portland, Unity Environmental University
Headquarters, Unity Environmental University Distance Education,
The Technical School for Environmental Professions, and the School
of Environmental Business & Sustainable Ventures are based at
the Pineland Farms campus. The facilities are within easy access to
one of the fastest-growing cities for startups in the
Work hours are specific to the requirements of this position and
can include days, evenings, weekends. Working extended hours may be
required as needed and Unity Environmental University employees
must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling their
responsibilities while meeting the Colleges needs.
Although At Unity Environmental University Enterprise employees are
generally scheduled to work at their base location, there are times
when travel is necessary and employees are required from time to
time to attend events, meetings or work temporary assignment at any
At Unity Environmental University location.
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required
to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to
stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus. The use of either hand for
repetitive movements such as grasping, grasping, and turning, and
fine manipulation is required as is the ability to use the
telephone for internal and external communications.
Unity Environmental University offers a comprehensive and
competitive compensation and benefits package for its faculty and
staff. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid holidays off
- 4 weeks of PTO
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work benefit - ability to work from home
- Retirement Plan with up to 8% match
- Relocation Assistance