Welcome to Career Opportunities at Lindenwood University.
PLEASE READ: For all applications, please include your resume
and cover letter. You may skip the “Quick Apply” page
by simply clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page. When
you arrive at the “Experience” page, you may upload all
desired documents using the upload box labeled “Resume/CV.”
This is the appropriate box to upload all documents.
Benefits of Being a Lindenwood Employee:
JOB TITLE SUMMARY
- Upon hire, employer-paid tuition benefits for bachelor’s
(employee, spouse, and dependent) and master’s degree programs
(employee and spouse only).
- Tuition discounts for doctoral programs (employee only).
- Comprehensive benefits plan: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, disability insurance, and retirement options.
- Paid holidays: MLK Jr. day, Good Friday, Memorial Day,
Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving break
(Wednesday – Friday), and winter break (Dec. 23 – Jan. 1).
- Free lunch Fridays: LU employees are eligible for a free meal
on Fridays at the Evans Commons Dining Hall or Spellman Dining
Hall; Chick-fil-A and Qdoba included.
- Professional development opportunities through the Lindenwood Learning Academy .
Administrative Assistant II, Center for Diversity
Candidates for this position should have an understanding and
appreciation for diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). This
position will also be responsible for managing department
The administrative assistant II provides high-level administrative
support to a university vice president by conducting research,
producing reports, handling data requests and performing clerical
functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors,
arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings. This position
also provides training and assistance to departmental staff.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation
of the types of duties and level of responsibility that will be
required of positions given this title. This job description shall
not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific
duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees
may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description.
Job Responsibilities and Execution
- Performs data aggregation and analysis to create (format, edit
and proofread) documents and reports
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings,
travel, conferences, catering and departmental events
- Answers phones, responds to email, forwards messages and
- Maintains filing systems and utilizes basic word processing,
database and spreadsheet skills
- Handles confidential and nonrecurring information
- Works independently and with a team on special nonrecurring and
- Maintains appropriate office supply inventory
- Assists in management of the departmental budget
- Takes initiative in conducting research projects
- Greets visitors and determines whether they should be given
access to specific individuals
Communication, Teamwork and Collaboration
- Supports the mission of the university and serves as an
ambassador of the Q2 culture of service excellence
- Models, supports and holds others accountable to the
university’s values – integrity, dedication, excellence, creativity
Job may require other duties as assigned.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside
- Explains departmental policies when necessary
– An equivalent combination of
education, training and experience will be considered. Additional
requirements may be designated by position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years’ related work experience
– May be representative, but
not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary
to perform this job competently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from
diverse communities and cultures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly organized and motivated
- Ability to multitask
- Strong professional integrity
- Ability to problem solve, use good judgment and think
- Basic research skills
- Ability to learn and apply institutional policies and
– Environmental or atmospheric conditions
commonly associated with the performance of this job’s
– The physical demands described below
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform this job’s essential functions. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ability to work effectively at a computer for up to eight hours
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function
Lindenwood University is an Equal Opportunity employer. The
University complies with appropriate federal, state, and local laws
and provides equal employment opportunities and access to
educational programs without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
veteran status, disability, or any other protected status to all
qualified applicants and employees. Lindenwood University is
committed to a policy of non-discrimination and dedicated to
providing a positive discrimination-free educational work