The Adjunct – Aviation Maintenance Technology position provides
quality instruction and maintains a positive learning environment
in the classroom, with major emphasis placed on teaching,
supporting, and evaluating students. The Adjunct role provides
instruction and monitors teaching/learning effectiveness in courses
assigned by the Department Chair or other leadership members. The
incumbent must exhibit strong organizational skills and the ability
to multitask while engaging large groups of people with complicated
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Instruction & Student Learning
Student Engagement & Advisement
- Teaches assigned courses as scheduled. Designs curriculum
embracing diversity, in all forms, to foster talent in students
while modeling inclusive teaching strategies, with an understanding
of the socio-cultural issues of traditionally underrepresented
- Considers individual differences of students in order to design
and support a range of appropriate learning activities.
- Participates in the identification of students with academic or
other needs and responds by utilizing an appropriate resource.
- Uses technology in a manner appropriate to the nature and
objectives of courses and programs and communicates clearly to
students the expectations concerning the use of such
- Keeps accurate and appropriate records in accordance with
- Maintains attendance records, determines and submits grades
timely, and in accordance with established policies and procedures
of the College, and communicates progress feedback as well as other
relevant information to students throughout the semester.
- Distributes and maintain accurate syllabi that incorporates
departmental, college, cross-college, and instructor
- Conducts classes punctually and in accordance with the
prescribed meeting schedule. Employs appropriate assessment
techniques to measure students’ performance in achieving course
goals and objectives.
- Engages in periodic meetings with the department, Lead
Instructor, and Chairperson relative to teaching duties and
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Creates a positive classroom atmosphere that encourages active
and collaborative learning, student effort, academic challenge,
student and faculty interaction, and learner support.
- Uses technology to assist in communication with students.
Encourages a sense of community among students for learning both
inside and outside the classroom.
- Advises potential or current students within the discipline
about the program, career, or transfer options available to assist
with degree completion.
- Refers students to appropriate student and academic support
services available at the College or in the community.
- Helps to ensure the College meets its responsibilities in
identifying areas of opportunity and systemic concerns while
reporting complaints alleging discrimination.
- Creates a welcoming, inclusive, equitable, and productive work
and learning environment where all students, faculty members, and
college employees feel valued and are able to contribute to their
full potential, regardless of their differences.
- Ensures accessible and inclusive curriculum design and teaching
strategies, and specifically promotes, advises, and supports
curriculum development aimed at creating a diverse and equitable
- Fosters and maintains a safe environment of respect and
inclusion for faculty, staff, students, and members of the
- Must have an FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and
- Four (4) years of industry experience.
- State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability
to gain access to work site(s).
$54.88 per hour
*An appropriate combination of education, training, coursework,
and experience may qualify a candidate.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):