The Adjunct position provides quality instruction and maintains a
positive learning environment in the classroom, with major emphasis
placed on teaching, supporting and evaluating students. The Adjunct
role provides instruction and monitors teaching/learning
effectiveness in courses assigned by the Department Chair, or other
leadership members. The incumbent must exhibit strong
organizational skills and the ability to multitask while engaging
large groups of people with complicated material.
Instruction & Student Learning
Student Engagement & Advisement
- Teaches assigned courses as scheduled.
- Designs curriculum embracing diversity, in all forms, to foster
talent in students while modeling inclusive teaching strategies,
with an understanding of the socio-cultural issues of traditionally
- Considers individual differences of students in order to design
and support a range of appropriate learning activities.
- Participates in the identification of students with academic or
other needs and responds by utilizing an appropriate resource.
- Uses technology in a manner appropriate to the nature and
objectives of courses and programs and communicates clearly to
students the expectations concerning the use of such
- Keeps accurate and appropriate records in accordance with
- Maintains attendance records, determines and submits grades
timely, and in accordance with established policies and procedures
of the College, and communicates progress feedback as well as other
relevant information to students throughout the semester.
- Distributes and maintain accurate syllabi that incorporates
departmental, college, cross-college, and instructor
- Conducts classes punctually and in accordance with the
prescribed meeting schedule.
- Employs appropriate assessment techniques to measure students’
performance in achieving course goals and objectives.
- Engages in periodic meetings with the department, Lead
Instructor, and Chairperson relative to teaching duties and
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion - Ongoing
- Creates a positive classroom atmosphere that encourages active
and collaborative learning, student effort, academic challenge,
student and faculty interaction, and support for learners.
- Uses technology to assist in communication with students.
- Encourages a sense of community among students for learning
both inside and outside the classroom.
- Refers students to appropriate student and academic support
services available at the College or in the community.
- Helps to ensure the College meets its responsibilities in
identifying areas of opportunity and systemic concerns while
reporting complaints alleging discrimination.
- Creates a welcoming, inclusive, equitable and productive work
and learning environment where all students, faculty members, and
college employees feel valued and are able to contribute to their
full potential, regardless of their differences.
- Ensures accessible and inclusive curriculum design and teaching
strategies, and specifically promotes, advises, and supports
curriculum development aimed at creating a diverse and equitable
- Fosters and maintains a safe environment of respect and
inclusion for faculty, staff, students, and members of the
Full Time/Part Time:
- A.A.S. or ATS in Medical Assisting.
- Certified Medical Assistant and experience in both clinical and
administrative medical assistant duties.
- State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability
to gain access to work site(s).
Union (If Applicable):