A.T. Still University's School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona
(ATSU-SOMA) is seeking a Coordinator of Graduate Medical Education
on the Mesa, Arizona campus. Under the general direction of the
Residency Program Director provides administrative support to the
ATSU-SOMA Graduate Medical Education (GME) department, including
the Residency Program Director and the Residency Education Manager.
Serves as the initial point of contact between the National Family
Medicine Residency (NFMR) residency coordinator at The Wright
Center (TWC) for Graduate Medical Education in Scranton, PA, the
NFMR local site coordinators, resident trainees, faculty and the
Duties & Responsibilities:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Administrative support for the SOMA-GME department to monitor
ATSU-SOMA GME accreditation
requirements; direct point of contact with TWC to ensure program
compliance, track documentation and assist
with trainee orientation, and assist with the assignment and
scheduling of NFMR resident and faculty
- Assists in collecting, tracking, reporting and maintaining data
needed for ATSU-SOMA and NFMR accreditation.
- Manages communication and serves as the initial point of
contact between the NFMR residency sites, trainees,
faculty, SOMA-GME unit and TWC on a range of academic and
- Assists with coordination of the residency educational
components, including, but not limited to, the didactic
scheduling and calendar, confirmation of speakers/dates/topics and
recording and distribution of didactic
sessions, tracking resident completion of curriculum requirements,
and resident participation in remediation
- Responsible for developing and monitoring a tracking/reporting
system to ensure compliance with NFMR
residency program requirements.
- Assists in the preparation and submission of reports and
- Assists with NFMR resident orientation and onboarding,
including, but not limited to, generating user
accounts for the learning management platforms, editing,
distributing resident policy manuals and orienting
new residents to usage of tracking/reporting systems.
- Manages and coordinates the Google calendar for SOMA-GME
department to schedule meetings, create
agendas, attend meetings and prepare and distribute minutes.
- Uploads, monitors, and edits documents on TWC resident portal
and learning management systems, i.e.,
quizzes and remediation.
- Assists the NFMR residency coordinator with providing indirect
supervision of the local site coordinators at
each residency site, including overseeing and monitoring completion
of assigned tracking/reporting tasks and
co-chairing weekly site coordinator meetings.
- Monitors and assists in the assigning and uploading of resident
evaluation documentation in the learning
- Assists with the tracking/reporting/submitting of documentation
for faculty CME requests.
- Helps to coordinate residency site visits by the SOMA GME
- Provides prompt and accurate feedback to the GME team regarding
concerns and successes at residency sites.
- Actively participates in SOMA staff meetings and assists with
- Maintains accurate and organized records in a confidential
manner, ensuring ethical and legal guidelines are
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Two to three years experience: Computer experience with
Microsoft Office, including creating Word
documents and Excel spreadsheets, Adobe Pro, and Google
platforms/Apps. Knowledge of basic business functions e.g.
preparation of correspondence, reports, minutes etc; operation of
basic office equipment (ie: facsimile machine,
- Experience working in a medical or academic setting preferred,
with knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Excellent computer skills required to set up document formats
in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Pro and any other
software program required by the position.
- Able to type at least 45 words per minute. Excellent verbal and
written communication skills.
- Follows directions and works well under pressure.
- Ability to interact with administration, faculty, staff,
students and general public in a professional manner.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet
- Ability to manage detail-oriented assignments and be flexible
with job assignments.
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical,
dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible,
employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month
following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits