The Research Coordiantor I coordinates the day-to-day activities of
research protocols for two projects including Iron Deficiency and
Brain Development in Youth with Internalizing Disorders, and
Examining the Skeletal Effects of Psychostimulants. Protocols will
include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research
participants which will be both children and adults. Ensures
accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of
- Interviews, screen and recruits patients for study; explains
process and procedures to educate participant regarding the
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters
information into a database. May perform Venipuncture (blood
draws), EKGs/ECG’s and obtain vital signs on study
- Collect, processes, ships, and maintains paperwork for blood
and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in
- Employees may be required to receive on the job training of
phlebotomy and EKGs/ECGs prior to performing on study
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as
laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- Correspond with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully
vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against
vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to,
COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.