The Pediatrics - Neurology team is seeking a Research Coordinator
II to maintain and manage the MECP2 and RAI1 study survey to
include managing the database and reporting all findings to the
Principle Investigator and sponsor. The coordinator will conduct
surveys on various health problems related to MECP2 Duplication
syndrome and RAI1 related disorders. The coordinator will analyze
the data and write the first draft of the manuscripts. The
coordinator will communicate with the families to provide guidance
on these steps and need to have enough medical knowledge to answer
questions thus preferred to have medical education
- Maintain the database and be responsible for the MECP2 and RAI1
- Respond to emails/calls for questions regarding registration
Confirm the eligibility of individual (review genetic report
- Encourage new registries globally Conduct health surveys for
common problems in MECP2- and RAI1-related disorders (e.g. epilepsy
survey, gastrointestinal health questionnaire, behavior
questionnaire, sleep questionnaire)
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related
experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Master's degree or Medical degree.
- Ability to interpret the genetic report correctly to identify
eligible candidates, answer medical questions in the survey.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully
vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against
vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to,
COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.