The Clinical Research Manager candidate will be expected to
contribute to the broad research effort of the Texas Children's
Cancer Center Histiocytosis and Lymphoma Programs. The manager will
the support and manage the daily operations of all clinical trials
run by faculty of the Lymphoma/Histiocytosis program.
The manager will be responsible for recruiting, training,
supervising, and career development of the Histiocytosis and
Lymphoma Program clinical research staff. The candidate will
monitor the progress and performance of the Histiocytosis and
Lymphoma Program clinical trials and provide direct communication
to principal investigators. The candidate represents and promotes
the objectives and activities of research studies to ensure all
clinical trial outcomes meet Lymphoma/Histiocytosis program
expectations and timelines.
Manages Histiocytosis and Lymphoma Program clinical research
- Supervises clinical research staff and organize teamwork
- Assists with onboarding activities.
- Provides training and guidance on regulations and best
- Ensures that all clinical activities are carried out in
accordance with established research protocol, and with acceptable
clinical procedure and safety standards.
Manages operations of Histiocytosis and Lymphoma Program clinical
- Schedules, coordinates, and participates in the internal
feasibility meeting, pre-site visit and site initiation
- Supports investigators and clinical research staff with
reporting, study monitoring, and site visits.
- Assists QA/QC with audit preparation organization. Ensures
institutional and federal compliance.
- Oversees data collection and documentation activities; queries
databases and prepares reports; manages compliance documents.
- Provides consultation, liaison, and administrative coordination
between investigators and ancillary departments (regulatory,
contracts, finance). Identifies and addresses problems, facilitates
audits, and corrects deficiencies.
- Moderates and attends Lymphoma/Histiocytosis program multi-site
clinical trial meetings and attends sponsor clinical trial
- Monitors recruitment, screening, enrollment, and retention of
clinical research subjects and provides updates using comprehensive
reports with metrics to investigators.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in related field.
- Four years with at least two years in a management
- Project Management experience is beneficial.
- Effective verbal and writing skills.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully
vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against
vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to,
COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.