Founded in 1764, Brown is a leading institution for education,
discovery, and global intellectual progress as well as one of the
largest employers in Rhode Island. Working at Brown brings more
than just a paycheck and generous benefits; it offers an
opportunity to contribute to a greater good. Join us in supporting
the pursuit of knowledge and individual growth that defines higher
education and enriches our community.
The Grants and Financial Manager manages the financial and research
administration in one (1) of four (4) administrative units in the
School of Public Health. Provides high-level financial management
support including budgetary/financial planning and analysis,
research administration, payroll reconciliation, purchasing
oversight, account management, coordination of effort certification
process, processing of salary reallocations and costings, and
financial planning. This position also manages and supervises
grants administration staff.
- Bachelor's degree required plus at least five (5) to seven (7)
years of financial and budget experience, preferably in an academic
setting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Direct experience in financial management, including budget
management, reporting, financial modeling, and financial analysis;
policy implementation; and research administration, including
familiarity with all relevant policies and procedures; experience
with managing staff preferred
- Experience in grant accounting required.
- Experience using the COEUS database preferred.
- Proven accounting skills/experience required including the
ability to analyze and reconcile accounts
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and the
ability to prioritize own workload and workload of others
- Proficiency with Microsoft and GSuite Programs and FileMaker.
Workday experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Effective customer service skills
- File and database management skills
- Willingness and ability to continue to learn
- Must be able to shift focus and priority in pressure
- Must be able to work with large volumes of work, multiple
project deadlines, and diverse personalities.
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and
inclusive campus community.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background
check and education verification satisfactory to Brown
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Grants and Financial Manager
School of Public Health Office of Finance and Administration
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any
staff position at Brown University you must submit an application
form for each position for which you believe you are qualified.
Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please
include a cover letter and resume with each position
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA
, Brown University provides equal opportunity and
prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a
person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic
origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected
under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our