About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the
next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to
successfully face real-world challenges. With environmentally
focused degrees, Unity College offers affordable and accessible
degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses, through a variety of
modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College
provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment
and natural resources. Through experiential and collaborative
learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens,
environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
The Webmaster is an Enterprise position that serves as the primary
contact for all aspects of Unity Colleges website(s). This position
oversees the web design and development, routine site and content
maintenance, and updates that ensure that the sites align with goal
and objective of the college. Reporting to the Director or
Marketing and Media Relations, the Webmaster will partner with
colleagues in Marketing, Information Technology, and the
Sustainable Education Business Unit (SEBU) and Functional areas to
develop best-in-class digital experiences for our audiences. Our
websites are key marketing channels to increase enrollment through
a variety of educational and informational content. It The ideal
candidate will have experience in technology, user experience,
communications, and analytics.
- Helps to assure an informative, accurate, and interesting
presence on all Unity College-owned websites.
- Develop strategy and planning for accurate and timely updates
from both the SEBU and Functional Area leads. Work closely with
Information Technology to ensure that integrated technologies on
website are working optimally
- Ensures the optimal look, feel, and usability of the sites as
well as the consistency and timely availability of pages released
to the site by planning and reviewing the navigational user
interface design and information site architecture, working
collaboratively with programming areas, and understanding the
target audience and their information needs.
- Designing and adding new web pages, modifying and updating
existing web pages, maintaining current links, and performing other
duties related to web development and maintenance.
- Assures the accessibility of college websites to all interested
persons regardless of disability and assures compliance with state
and federal laws regarding accessibility.
- Assists in establishing policies and procedures on web-related
issues and processes and ensures compliance with University web
policies when necessary.
- Conduct regular audits of the Unity College website, and debug
pages and fix broken links or images
- Dive into comprehensive reporting and metrics to develop
strategies to support enrollment in the different SEBUs.
- Research and make recommendations based on trends, values, and
- Utilize and understand how to leverage multiple digital
- Maintain project reports and spreadsheets.
- Research and stay current on industry trends and topics.
- Adhere to design best practices
- Report regularly on performance to the Director of Marketing
and Media Relations.
- Contributes to the overall success of college by performing all
other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Media
Work Schedule/Availability Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in computer science, or related field
- Course work in digital media, web design or computer
programming is highly preferred
- 3 -5 years of progressive experience in a related job
- Extensive knowledge of website management, analytics, and
- Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn web content
management systems, applications, and tools used by the
- Highly proficient with HTML/CSS; working knowledge of XML, SQL,
- Proficient using Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube,
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe
Photoshop Experience in Salesforce and WordPress is highly
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage
- Excellent written communication skills, including writing and
- Demonstrated visual communication and design skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone,
with high professionalism.
- Strong Project Management Experience.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for
- Demonstrated experience with email marketing.
- Ability to obtain a valid Maine drivers license.
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational
structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being
discreet, courteous, and well poised.
Work hours are specific to the requirements of this position and
can include days, evenings, and weekends. Working extended hours
required as needed. Must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling
responsibilities and meeting the Colleges needs. Although Unity
College employees are generally scheduled to work at their
specifically assigned locations, there are times when travel is
necessary and employees are required from time to time to attend
events, meetings, or work temporary assignments at any Unity
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required
to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to
stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus. The use of either hand for
repetitive movements such as grasping, grasping, and turning, and
fine manipulation is required as is the ability to use the
telephone for internal and external communications.
Unity College offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation
and benefits package for its faculty and staff. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Life Insurance