As a premier institution in agriculture and technology, SUNY
Cobleskill calls all learners to grow, to sustain, and to renew the
world and its citizens. The College acts as a reflection of, and a
catalyst for, advancement in our fields. With an emphasis on
applied learning and experiential education, SUNY Cobleskill
prepares students for successful careers, advanced studies, and
Founded in 1911, SUNY Cobleskill enrolls approximately 2000
students in 55 diverse majors. The campus sets the standard for
applied education that extends theory into practice. SUNY
Cobleskill is a community characterized by empathy, inclusivity,
respect, personal growth, integrity, and a collaborative spirit
fostering well-being and sustainable practices. We recognize and
celebrate student, faculty and staff achievements. We take pride in
our campus and encourage collaboration with our surrounding
Our modern, 902-acre campus features outstanding educational
facilities, including an equestrian center, 200-cow dairy facility,
cold and warm water fish hatcheries, specialized classrooms and
scientific laboratories, two state-of-the-art culinary arts
teaching kitchens, child development and childcare centers, and an
art gallery and graphic design center.
Drawing on a rich academic tradition that spans more than 100
years, our purpose remains constant; to educate future
entrepreneurs, scientists, thought leaders, artists, educators, and
practitioners to contribute to the sustainability of a healthy and
prosperous societal existence in concert with a robust
Reporting to the Coordinator of Reference and Instruction, the
Adjunct Reference Librarian provides face-to-face and virtual
reference service from 6pm-10pm Monday-Thursday evenings during the
academic year. Salary is $12,000.
Additional duties include:
- Participates in collection development as requested.
- Provides ILL support as assigned.
- Serves as backup building liaison during working hours for
safety and facilities issues.
- Serves as backup supervisor for student workers.
- Assists full-time librarians with special projects as
- Enrollment in a library science master's degree program with at
least one reference course completed (prefer fully completed
American Library Association (ALA) accredited master's degree in
library and information science).
- Education in the use of traditional and electronic information
- Ability to work in a team environment with colleagues and
- Strong service orientation.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a changing
- The salary for this position is $12,000.
- This is a temporary, part-time appointment.
- The schedule is 6pm - 10pm Monday through Thursday.
- This position offers full New York State benefits which are
some of the most comprehensive in the country.
- SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive
learning and living community for our students and employees. To
achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all
final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of
employment is contingent on the successful completion of the
- This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to
verification of applicant eligibility.
SUNY Cobleskill is committed to fostering a diverse community of
outstanding faculty, staff, and students, and ensuring equal
educational and employment opportunity and access to services,
programs and activities without regard to an individual's race,
color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy,
predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic
violence victim status, criminal conviction, or any other legally
protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring
accommodation during the hiring process should contact the Human
Resources Office at (518) 255-5514.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by
the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form,
that an applicant for employment provide his or her current
compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as
the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with
compensation. If such information has been requested from you
before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations
at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
SUNY Cobleskill's Tile IX Coordinator is Amanda Clark, who can
be contacted via phone at 518-255-5445, email at
firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailing address of SUNY
Cobleskill, Knapp Hall Room 123, Cobleskill, NY 12043.
The application review process will begin immediately and will
continue until a suitable candidate is found. Priority is given to
applications submitted by May 25, 2023.
A complete application consists of the following:
1. Letter of application, addressing qualifications, position
responsibilities, and college values
2. Current CV or Resume
3. Names, emails and phone numbers of at least three professional
references, preferably former supervisors
* To apply you must create an account and apply through this