Postdoctoral Research Associate
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Harte Research Institute
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
TAMU-CC is a dynamic university designated as both a
Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority-Serving Institution
(MSI) with approximately 11,000 students from 47 states and 54
foreign nations. We employ over 1,400 full-time and 2,000 part-time
Islanders (including students/GAs). The University attracts highly
talented faculty and staff and offers an array of undergraduate and
graduate degrees, including doctoral programs. As a member of the
Texas A&M University System, TAMU-CC benefits from a range of
resources, increased visibility and influence, and opportunities to
collaborate in mutually beneficial ways with peers across member
institutions and associated agencies.
TAMU-CC's beautiful campus is located on a 240 acre island on
Corpus Christi Bay and was ranked #1 College by the Sea by Best
College Reviews. Our natural setting is enhanced by its modern,
attractive, and state-of-the-art classroom buildings and support
From our generous
and professional development opportunities, to
our retirement programs and our commitment to service excellence,
the Island University is an engaging and rewarding place to
- This position will be part of the Center for Sportfish Science
and Conservation team at the Harte Research Institute for Gulf of
Mexico Studies at Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi whose
mission is to advance knowledge of sportfish and use that
information to promote conservation through science-based fisheries
- This position works with the Center's team of fisheries staff
and students to contribute knowledge and gain a better
understanding of fisheries in the Gulf of Mexico. The successful
candidate will conduct a variety of marine fisheries techniques,
extensive fieldwork, and grant and manuscript writing.
- The successful candidate's research interests will complement
and expand upon existing strengths of the CSSC's research
- 25% - Prepare grants for numerous funding agencies (NOAA, Sea
Grant, NSF) and write manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed
- 25% - Operate boats and conduct fieldwork under a variety of
weather conditions including offshore waters.
- 25% - Carry out research by collecting, compiling, and
analyzing ecological and fisheries data.
- 15% - Prepare scientific summary papers and reports.
- 5% - Assist graduate students with their thesis and
- 5% - Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in Biology, Marine Biology, Ecology, Fisheries,
Marine Science or related field.
- Experience conducting field research and capable of operating
boats and other research vessels under a variety of weather
conditions including offshore waters.
- Strong knowledge of experimental design and statistical
analyses and demonstrated scientific writing skills.
- Excellent professional, organizational, written, and verbal
communication skills and ability to work on an interdisciplinary
- One-two (1-2) years of experience writing, preparing, and
- Publication record of manuscripts in national/international
- SCUBA certified with current AAUS Scientific Diver status and
- Proficiency in statistical analysis (R, SAS, etc.) and GIS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TX/Postdoctoral-Research-Associate_R-057419-1