Mailroom Services Manager
Lasell University is seeking a Mailroom Services Manager. The
Mailroom Services Manager is responsible for coordinating all
functions of the Lasell University Mail Room. This is a full-time,
12-month position reporting to the Director of Conference &
Lasell University is a private, coeducational institution offering
undergraduate and graduate programs of study. Founded in 1851,
Lasell is one of the oldest Universities in greater Boston. The
University's educational philosophy of “Connected Learning,”
integrates the liberal arts and professional programs offering
Lasell students both on- and off-campus hands-on learning
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The statements below are intended to describe the principal
duties of the person or persons assigned to this job. They are not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and
responsibilities. Lasell University has the right to add or change
the job responsibilities at any time.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED BY THE
- Sorts, distributes, and delivers incoming/outgoing mail and
packages for students, faculty and staff.
- Provides superior customer service to entire Lasell
- Delivers all University mail to USPS daily using
- Tracks and records the volume of all incoming/outgoing mail and
- Meters all outgoing U.S. Postal mail and international mail.
Handles all carrier packages incoming/outgoing for USPS., Fed Ex,
- Establishes and maintains good rapport/working relationship
with students, staff and faculty, as well as various carriers.
- Assigns campus mail boxes for resident students and forwards
mail as requested.
- Generates postage expense information for monthly GL
- Maintains inventory of postal supplies for internal
- Repairs/maintains mailboxes.
- Manages Pitney Bowes equipment and relationship, including:
postage meter, tracking software, etc.
- Communicates with all levels of the organization and works
closely with students, staff and faculty both at the counter, over
the phone and through e-mail.
- Advises others of options, interprets procedures, and resolves
- Assists Conference & Event Services and Facilities &
Sustainability Management as Mailroom responsibilities allow during
the summer months.
- Other tasks as assigned.
High school diploma is required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
Prior experience with postal services and Pitney Bowes processor
Other Requirements of the Job:
CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION OR LICENSURE REQUIRED BY THE
- Good organization, time management and supervisory skills are
also required. Prior postal experience is preferred, but not
- Valid driver's license and a driving record with no surcharge
events for the past three (3) years are required to drive
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Tuition benefits
- Generous time off
- Hybrid/remote work options
Interested candidates should upload a letter of interest, resume
and the information of three (3) references using the forms below.
Review of resumes will begin immediately, and applications will be
accepted until the position is filled.
Lasell University requires all employees to be vaccinated and to
provide the documentation upon the start of employment. Lasell also
provides individuals the opportunity to request a medical or
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every
aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its
policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to
every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color
of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic
predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a
victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and
classes under Federal and State Laws and executive
To apply, visit https://www.lasell.edu/discover-lasell/employment/staff-positions/mailroom-services-manager.html