Planning, Design & Construction
Provides professional architectural and/or engineering services and
project management for design and construction projects.
- Establish scope, schedule, and budgets. Manage the process
related to the development and assessment of these project
components regularly communicate and update project participants on
project status consistently.
- Develop project scope, schedule, and budget, for projects that
are designed by contracted and/or internal consultants (architects,
engineers, and interior designers).
- Manage the architectural and engineering development of
construction projects and facilities develop studies in compliance
with University Rules, Regulations, State Statutes, and related
- Review and approve plans and specifications prepared by
contracted and/or internal consultants (architects, engineers, and
- Identify, coordinate, and contract with additional consultants
to support the project scope of work.
- Coordinate and communicate with campus and community partners
- Maintain project cost and schedule information and continually
monitor progress and status as the project design develops. Provide
active direction to consultants and stakeholders to align
- Initiate and facilitate bidding processes.
- Evaluate and make recommendations in the selection, and
contracting of project consultants, develop contractual documents
for consulting services, and assess completeness of contract
- Participate in construction phase activities as needed to
support the construction manager, or construction supervisor
- Plan project delivery, identify priorities and drivers.
- Delivery Method
- Obtain, track, and manage budgets, schedules, and scope
- Convey Project requirements to consultants.
- Process Administrative requirements.
- Familiarity with approvals
- Manage soliciting and executing consultant agreements
- Secure Fees/authorizations
- Inform/communicate with clients regularly
- Schedule and preside over project related meetings
- Ensure preparation of minutes and action items for
- Develop cost summary, schedules, and other project related
- Oversee Advertisement/Bid/Award Process
$65,776 - $128,430 Annually
Grade: GGS 012
University Title: CSM PROJECT MANAGER
Internal applicants can determine their university title by
accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
Monday through Friday
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and
experience and at least 6 years of experience from which comparable
knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
Professional architect or engineering licensure within the state of
Experience within the Design and/or Construction Industry
Professional Certifications such as Project Management
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University
offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental
and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee
discounts. For additional information on University benefits,
please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
We value the uniqueness of every individual and strive to ensure
each person’s success. Contributions from individuals with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives promote intellectual
pluralism and enable us to achieve the excellence that we seek in
learning, research and engagement. This commitment makes our
university a better place to work, learn and innovate.
In your application materials, please discuss your experiences and
expertise that support these values and enrich our missions of
teaching, research and engagement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and
applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated
ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis
of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status
protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not
be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of
religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military
organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of
Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more
information, call the Director of Employee and Labor Relations at
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of
Accessibility and ADA at 573-884-7278.
Know Your Rights
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use
the following links: