IT Support Analyst
Location: Education Technology Consortm
Job ID: 607236
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
NAU aims to be the nation's preeminent engine of opportunity, vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and beyond.
- Remote work option within the state of Arizona, and candidates living in the central or western parts of Arizona are encouraged to apply.
- This position can be a hybrid position or a full remote position. This allows the incumbent to complete their work at an NAU site, campus, or facility and/or at a non-centralized site with or without accommodation.
- While the organization is based on the NAU Mountain Campus, it requires substantial travel throughout Arizona.
Currently recruiting for two (2) vacant IT Support Analyst in the Education Technology Consortium.
The Education Technology Consortium provides software support and technical services to school districts and charter schools (K-12) within the state of Arizona. As part of the ETC Network team, this position is responsible for equipment installations, ongoing maintenance and support of a variety of network equipment, software support, and working with both the technical and non-technical staff at supported sites to resolve network and desktop/tablet related problems. The position requires travel across Arizona.
User Support - 50%
- Work with users via telephone, email, or in person to solve problems with ETC supported software and hardware.
- Provide frontline support for day-to-day operations and procedures. Assist senior engineers with site-based projects as needed.
- Provide onsite and remote support for technology used in schools and classrooms such as maintenance of laptops, Chromebooks, iPads, and desktops. Update OS, ensure connectivity, install applications, and push out secure browsers for standardized testing.
Troubleshooting - 20%
- Research and resolve connectivity problems, including possible hardware failures, as well as usage problems relating to server, network, and/or internet connectivity. Travel to sites to resolve problems is likely.
- Monitor daily backup jobs for remote sites. Monitor Antivirus for remote sites. Report and mitigate virus outbreaks as needed. Maintain updates to software. Support site-based content filters. Work with senior staff on software management schemes.
- Perform supported site health checks to proactively respond to potential problems and prevent service outages and trouble reports.
Site and User Administration - 15%
- Assist with Google Workspace Administration for multiple School Districts. This includes but not limited to; add/delete users, manage devices, and configure security and settings to keep data safe.
Network Support - 10%
- Update or install software on staff or student devices. Assist senior staff with the installation of hardware at support sites such as switches, wireless devices, and security cameras. Work will occur at supported K-12 sites.
- ETC sites are located primarily but not exclusively in Yavapai, Mohave, Maricopa, Yuma, and Cochise counties.
Other - 5%
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school degree; AND,
- 1-2 years of relevant experience; OR,
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of MS servers, Active Directory, group policy, and a variety of client operating systems.
- Must have excellent telephone and personal communication skills.
- Must have ability to provide quality service to meet customer expectations and maintain internal and external customer relations.
- Ability to work with clients of varied cultural backgrounds.
- Customer service and help desk experience preferred.
- Must be comfortable with Windows OS, IOS, Chromebooks/GSuite, and MS Office products.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $47,634. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
June 5, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, DR@nau.edu, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Know Your Rights Poster
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=607236&PostingSeq=1