Manager of CyberRange Services
As a member of the Leahy Center team, the Manager of CyberRange
Services is responsible for the daily operation of the Leahy Center
CyberRange team. All of the ancillary tasks related to operating a
CyberRange with student labor will be within the purview of this
position. Additionally, the Manager of CyberRange Services provides
upper-level technical support for complex issues.
This role is responsible for the leadership of the CyberRange
staff, providing project management duties, acting as the main
point of contact between the CyberRange team and the Leahy Center.
The Manager of CyberRange Services reports to the Leahy Center
Experience providing an infrastructure with high availability
requirements beyond standard business hours is preferred. Knowledge
of technology resiliency, disaster recovery, and business
continuity planning is essential. Strong candidates have the
ability to analyze and resolve problems that may arise during the
course of normal operations.
This position is a 1-year (June 2024) temporary position based on
- Provide advanced-level technical support on issues not resolved
by student teams.
- Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and
- Strategic initiatives.
- Monitor performance of CyberRange systems to determine cost and
productivity levels, and to make recommendations for
- Manage all invoicing and client-facing work budgets related to
- Monitors internal network and performance and health.
- Research and implement.
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and
- Research and recommend new security standards.
- Researches new technologies, strengthens knowledge of existing
technologies, and conducts high-level planning for technology
platforms and paths.
- Establish policies and procedures for use by the CyberRange
- Create and implement policies and procedures for the Security
Managed Support Services team.
- Maintain the policies and training required for CyberRange
employees to be engaged.
- Hire, schedule, train, and supervise student employees
Due to grant stipulations, candidates must be current citizens of
the United States or lawful permanent residents (Green Card
- 2-5 years of experience working in IT operations.
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling
out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- A Bachelor's degree in Systems Administration, Information
Assurance, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Computer Science,
Information Systems, or related field.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies to include, VMWare,
Vcenter, ESXi, Vsphere, etc. ? Experience working with Linux.
The successful completion of a criminal background check is
required as a condition of employment.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of
interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race,
creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion,
age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military
service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on
the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not
discriminate in the administration of its education and admission
policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or
co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain
College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified
students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees.
Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions
concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain
College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for
employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and
diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection
of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to
be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we
live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as
The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life
experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can
contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of
Champlain College. Please include information about how you would
contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your
letter of interest/cover letter.
In order to be considered for the position, you must upload a
EU Employee Data Protection Notice:
To apply, visit https://champlain.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=161819&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=0