Earlham College is a Top 100 National Liberal Arts College located
in Richmond, IN, a small city that's just a short drive away from
several major metropolitan areas including Dayton, Cincinnati,
Indianapolis and Chicago.
Richmond and Earlham have a symbiotic relationship. Through
research, studies, internships and volunteering, Earlhamites offer
Richmond expertise and service as Richmond offers our students the
chance to gain valuable, real-world experience. Our community
assumes no religious affiliation but follows Quaker principles and
practices, which include respect for persons, integrity, a
commitment to peace and justice, simplicity, and consensus-based
community decision-making. Earlham is committed to and proud of
being a diverse and inclusive place most clearly visible in our
student body: 20% of our student body are international, coming
from 60+ nations in 2022, and 24% are domestic students of color.
Faculty and staff also bring tremendous diversity to the College;
many have lived and worked outside the United States, and they make
a point of drawing on those experiences in their interactions with
students. Additionally, Earlham makes it a priority to serve as a
safe and welcoming place for LGBTQ+ communities and has a four-star
rating on the Campus Pride Index. Our community is characterized by
respect for every person and a commitment to social justice. Equity
and inclusion are central to Earlham's institutional priorities and
our leadership is committed to widening the path to an Earlham
Earlham College is seeking an Administrative Assistant for
Institutional Advancement to join our team!
The Administrative Assistant for Institutional Advancement provides
specific support for the Earlham Campaign, the Directors of Annual
Giving and Alumni Engagement and serves as the frontline
receptionist for the office.
- Serve as front-line ambassador for the Institutional
Advancement Office, including but not limited to welcoming office
visitors and serving as the primary person answering the main
office phone, and monitoring office email account.
- Support the needs of the Campaign, Annual Fund, and Alumni
Engagement as they relate to the preparing and processing of
mailings, event and meeting planning and reservation
- Provide staff support for Campaign events, Alumni Council
meetings, regional events, Homecoming and Reunion Weekend, Earlham
Day, and other campus events.
- Provide support for donor stewardship by assisting with the
processing and mailing of endowed fund reports and student
- Serve as a point person for the alumni software EC Connect,
approving users, sending reminders, and other duties as
- Daily management of the office mail, including distribution,
stamping and recording of all checks prior to the receipting
- Manage multiple calendars and meeting scheduling for multiple
administrative faculty in the IA office.
- Manage the IA Office supply inventory and place orders as
- Perform duties such as word processing, filing, answering the
telephone, processing mail, and scheduling appointments, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue
until the position is filled.
- A high school diploma or GED certification is required.
- Computer training in Microsoft Office applications, Excel and
ability to learn other computer software programs; facility with
basic HTML for web pages, and email. Familiarity with Banner is
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, ability to
multitask handling several responsibilities at one time with
potentially conflicting deadlines.
- Must be able to work with people from around the world,
including those with limited skills in English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent phone etiquette skills to maintain a humane and
friendly atmosphere. Demonstrated sensitivity to confidential
- Be a positive example and resource to all Earlham Students
- Please submit the following application materials through our
Earlham Careers Portal
- Cover letter - Please address your thinking and experience with
matters of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, as it relates and
specifically pertains to this position.
- List of Three References with Contact Information
Earlham College is an equal opportunity employer committed to
building a diverse community, one that reflects the makeup of
society at large and that particularly welcomes and supports
individuals from groups that have been historically marginalized
because of factors such as race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, and
physical ability. The College strongly encourages applications from
women and people of color. As an institution with a
Quaker identity, the College also solicits applications from
members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham's Work Authorization Policy
Earlham utilizes E-Verify
to confirm employment eligibility for all
newly hired employees within the United States.