University Engagement Coordinator, Hospitality Services -
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in
Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research,
and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks
among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World
Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide
opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education,
all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to
scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked
nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes
who named Penn one of America's Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of
Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban
campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and
recreational activities. With its historical significance and
landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of
atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for
work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes
excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their
families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of
professional development opportunities, supportive work and family
benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources,
and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination or a University authorized exemption is a
requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania.
For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements, visit the
Penn COVID-19 Response website
for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
University Engagement Coordinator, Hospitality Services -
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
Residential & Hospitality Services is one of eighteen
departments reporting to the Division of Business Services.
Consistent with the Business Services mission, our underlying
philosophy is to provide our clients with high quality services in
a fiscally responsible manner. Residential & Hospitality
Services is a group of dedicated, innovative, and student-centered
staff that oversee the on-campus living and dining, as well as
conferences, programs and events hosted at Penn. The team works
closely with other partners to provide students and guests with
services that support living and learning at the University of
Conference & Hospitality Services provides professional
expertise for conference, programs, and events hosted at Penn. By
showcasing the impressive array of facilities and resources the
University has to offer, we strive to make Penn a destination of
choice for meeting and event planners. The department is also
responsible for the oversight of residential operations,
facilities, and support services to the many academic programs,
sports camps, meetings and conferences happening on campus during
the summer at Penn.
The University Engagement Coordinator, with Penn Hospitality
Services is responsible for developing and managing the on-campus
partner relationships to facilitate the needs of our customers.
This position support various Hospitality Services (HS) managed
programs (i.e., Take Your Professor to Lunch) and daily operations.
The Engagement Coordinator will also serve as the main point of
contact for the University Club. The position reports to the
Associate Director of Operations, HS and works closely with the
General Manager, Finance, program teams, and the broader HS
organization in achieving the department's financial goals and
product and service excellence.
- Promptly and appropriately respond to all client and faculty
- Work with program managers and program directors during the
- Coordinator will complete tasks in accordance with standard
operating procedures to ensure a seamless, high quality program
- Oversight of HS/dining quality assurance
- Conduct Vending machine audits throughout campus
- Hiring and oversight of student staff who will be secret
shoppers/ambassadors and Summer Conferences
- Provide support with achieving sustainability goals for HS and
- Partner with food services contractor and staff to ensure
proper separation of recycling and composting
- Provide training sessions to staff
- Liaison with Residential & Hospitality Services (RHS)
organization and Division of Business Services (BSD) Communications
teams regarding web updates, social media, and print
- Use in persona and social media to communicate to our campus
- Support Meal plan Manager in communications to students and
- Attend various fairs and events on campus that are focused on
the student population
- During the summer act as manager on duty
- Back up staff to Conference communications/media team
- Provide conference event support
- work may include but not be limited to, weekends and evening
hours. Functions may include responsibilities that are not part of
normal desk functions.
Program and Project Implementation/Management:
- Collect data and report out Key Performance Indicators
- Provide as needed reports and analysis of recommendations for
changes to include all retail and All you Care to Eat (AYCE)
- Serve as expert on software systems used to collect data
- Provide backup support for Blackboard - software used to manage
dining plans, SALTO software used to provide building access and
Ccure software for event management.
- In conjunction with RHS IT team ensure that all technology
systems support the operational needs of Campus Dining
- Work closely with Director of Residential, Director of Retail
& Catering, and the Director of University Services IT, to
identify and propose innovative ideas related to technological
solutions, upgrades, or changes
- Evaluate alternatives, develop proposals, and plan for the
- Manage and oversee informational input of all Dining employees'
access into SALTO and Ccure
- Coordinate technology needs for Penn Dining operations such as
hardware and data supply
- Create customized web registration interfaces for clients and
manage corresponding financial/participant data and web
- Maintain accuracy of information in all required systems
- Implement Provost specific programs, (i.e. Take Your Professor
- Faculty concierge at Penn Club, Quaker Kitchen, and generally
be the RHS representative
- Interact and partner with the larger Penn community, CHAS,
cultural centers, and student groups on campus in assessing needs,
implementation, and managing of various programs.
- May spearhead additional HS projects in areas including
customer service, telemarketing, client acquisition, etc.
- Membership and value-added services development related to
benefits of being a University Club member
- Ensure quality assurance of Club offerings
- Serve as main contact for University Club
- Work closely with partners on campus and University Club Board
to ensure customer satisfaction
- Support the club, communicate with faculty, staff and graduate
student community to promote use
- Collect and process member applications/dues/renewals and
- Work with BSD in establishing and managing annual budget of
- Organize board meetings
- Bachelor's Degree (Marketing, Business-related field or
academic administration preferred) with 3-5 years of related
experience (with preference given to those who have worked in an
academic setting), or equivalent combination of education and
experience is required
- Proven ability to work with the highest level of
professionalism, in an independent, and self-directed manner
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service
- Demonstrated evidence of the following core competencies:
building & managing relationships; clear communications,
managing conflict, working collaboratively; planning &
organizing; managing resources, including project management;
analytical and systems thinking, including using technology to
problem solve; accountability, intellectual curiosity, resilience
- Demonstrated ability to handle contacts with high level
individuals with a high degree of tact and discretion.
The Department of Residential and Hospitality Services provides
essential 24/7 services for the University of Pennsylvania.
Thus, as a member of this dynamic organization, you will be
expected to work outside of your regular shift i.e. weekends during
peak activity periods May through August (e.g.: Summer Conferences,
Summer Camp Season & Move-in) or when normal campus operations
are suspended (e.g.: inclement weather)
. To the extent
possible, managers will provide timely notice of modified work
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Residential and Hospitality Services
$43,919.00 - $66,183.00
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications,
experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the
requirements of the position, as well as internal and market
factors and grade profile.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis
of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age,
disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made.
Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the
requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn
offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health,
dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your
family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending
accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care
expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition
benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get
tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also
eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to
help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and
Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a
pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment
options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a
substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the
year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal
affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with
family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth
Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family
members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the
costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community
or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you
won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to
underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always
provide proof of good health and are subject to
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to
supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing
demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide
variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health,
your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an
array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community,
you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as
cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the
University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our
arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at
Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest
music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn
Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member
of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the
excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these
activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and
entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great
deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and
cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission
and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy
substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars
from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie
tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer
creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance
between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use
of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable
loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or
currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for
closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible
employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal
adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up
to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Sansom-West/University-Engagement-Coordinator--Hospitality-Services---Residential-Services_JR00071092