The full time Patrol Officer is a uniformed patrol position. As a
uniformed full time, Patrol Officer, they are required to perform
all the duties of a police officer while working their respected
shift or shifts. The Patrol Officer works under the direction of
the Patrol Sergeant and command staff while assigned to their
shift. The position requires a four and two schedule the includes
assignment to shifts covering days, evenings, overnights, holiday
as to meet the needs of the department. Individuals in this
position are responsible for protecting the lives and property of
the Lasell University community and the Lasell Village Community.
The full time Patrol Officer requires the ability to spend long
hours in a vehicle as well as long hours at a fixed post. The full
time Patrol Officer are responsible to properly preparing all
paperwork and form required by the department, college, or courts.
The job must be performed under all types of inclement weather
conditions as well as in extreme heat, cold, wind, and snow
conditions. Additionally to work paid details at the University and
several surrounding municipalities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
The statements below are intended to describe the principal duties
of the person or persons assigned to this job. They are not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and
responsibilities. Lasell University has the right to add or change
the job responsibilities at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED BY THE
Minimum Educational/Work Experience Requirements:
- Respond to medical emergencies on campus and at Lasell Village
provide first aid as needed
- Lifting, carrying and moving victims, or suspects as
- Responding to fire alarms
- Responding to burglar alarms
- Enforcing the parking regulations
- Writing incidents reports
- Working cooperatively with Residential Life staff to resolve
- Performing interior and exterior checks of college
- Transport students for safety escorts, and unusual
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all laws, rules,
regulations, department and school policies, general and special
directives, and standard operating procedures.
- Patrol the Lasell campus and Lasell Village as often as
- Perform crime prevention, community policing relations and any
other related duties as required by the needs of the
- Preserving college property by taking actions that stop
property destruction from mechanical malfunctions or breaks
- Other duties as assigned.
CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION OR LICENSURE REQUIRED BY
- Associate's degree required, Bachelor's preferred
- Bachelor's and Master's Degree eligible for educational
- Accepted Certified Police Officer either:
- Graduate of a Full-Time Massachusetts Municipal Police
- Graduate of a Full-Time Out of State Police Academy
- Graduate of the Mass State Police SSPO Academy
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license
- Must possess and maintain First Responder and CPR
- Must maintain Special State Police Warrant
- Must possess and maintain a Massachusetts License to Carry
- Must meet and pass all Post Commission Background requirements
and Lasell University
- Police Background requirements
May require physical interactions with individuals when required to
perform regular law enforcement duties including but not limited
to; running, climbing walls, fences, ladders, subduing and
arresting individuals who may be actively resisting efforts to have
them comply with lawful orders.
Above average visual effort with frequent exposure to visually
demanding work involving detailed work.
Work performed in an environment requiring occasional exposure to
weather extremes, fumes, odors and/or noise.
Occasional exposure to job hazards, resulting in some injury, lost
time, total disability, or death.
Interested candidates should upload a letter of interest, resume
and the information of three (3) references using the forms below.
Review of resumes will begin immediately, and applications will be
accepted until the position is filled.
Lasell University requires all employees to be vaccinated and to
provide the documentation upon the start of employment. Lasell also
provides individuals the opportunity to request a medical or
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every
aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its
policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to
every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color
of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic
predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a
victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and
classes under Federal and State Laws and executive
To apply, visit https://www.lasell.edu/discover-lasell/employment/staff-positions/patrol-officer.html