The incumbent provides leadership, management, and direction for the University’s information systems, including institution – wide strategic planning, budgeting, consulting, and operational management for information technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three (3) years’ experience in Information Technology with increasing administrative or supervisory responsibility.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in the IT field as a CIO or Director acceptable in lieu of formal degree.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides institution-wide leadership and direction in the management and operation of information technology services across the University
- Leads, guides, and oversees the institutional information technology governance and budgeting process
- Leads and coordinates the development and implementation of integrated, strategic IT plans and policies for the University
- Sets the overall direction of internal business systems.
- Identifies user needs and directs building of IT teams to work across all levels of the organization
- Leads the planning and development of University – wide strategies for generating solutions and/or revenue from information technology resources
- Leads and guides the design, establishment, and maintenance of the organizational structure and staffing required to effectively accomplish the University’s goals and objectives in information technologies
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of current and developing information systems technologies, equipment, and systems
- Other Duties: other related duties, as assigned
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of IT planning, organization, project management and development
- Knowledge of current emerging technologies
- Knowledge of information security best practices and compliance authorities
- Knowledge of applications and infrastructure issues
- Excellent strategic planning and advanced leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and interpersonal
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to apply IT in solving business problems; plan and execute strategies
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to evolve with a rapidly changing environment and anticipate changes in technology
- Ability to provide strategic guidance and advisory technology consulting
- Ability to negotiate project and resource demand with business partners