Hall Director (71101)
The Residential Life and Housing Office is seeking a Hall Director
who will live in and be responsible for the residence halls at
Pratt Institute. Our mission is to efficiently and effectively
administer a housing program in a learning-centered environment
that challenges and supports students to enhance
self-understanding, value community responsibility, and learn from
their experiences. This position will report to an Associate
Director for Residential Life. Pratt's four Hall Directors are
integral members of the Residential Life and Housing professional
staff and responsible for the overall administration and
supervision of RA staff in a residential area of 300-800 students.
They ensure community development, student development, and student
learning in their areas.
If you can demonstrate the ability to encourage student leadership,
can plan and facilitate high-quality community development and
student learning initiatives, and can support our on-going
departmental goals of developing and fostering a positive, engaged
community in each residence hall, then we want to hear from
Key Essential Duties include the following:
In the course of the academic year you will:
- Directly Supervise Resident Advisor student staff of 8-14
- Advise Hall Council; help to develop student input and
self-governance in the hall.
- Provide student leadership opportunities and training; and
facilitate the educational, personal and social growth for a
diverse resident population in an inclusive and equitable
- Implement community development and student learning
initiatives and outreach creating an environment conducive to
student engagement and belonging.
- Provide support and in-hall coordination for Learning
Communities and Special Interest Housing.
- Interpret and enforce Institute and Residential Life policies
and procedures, resolve conflicts and make referrals for student
conduct action including but not limited to hearing student conduct
cases and assigning educational sanctions.
- Participate in the implementation of housing procedures and
- Work in close collaboration with Public Safety and Facilities
Management staff in effective administration of residential
The Salary Range is $51,000-$52,000 + Generous Benefits
- Teach the Connections leadership course.
- Assist in student staff recruitment, selection, and
- Coordinate, in conjunction with and under the direction of the
Assistant Director, residential life staff orientation and training
programs, including planning and organizing staff development
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation
of on-going departmental strategic planning goals, objectives and
- Provide onsite leadership for one of the summer programs
(summer housing, conference housing or Pre-College Housing).
- 403B Retirement Program
- Supplemental Retirement Account
- Various Tuition Benefit Programs for Employees and
- Summer Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts - commuter, medical, dependent
- Childcare Benefit
- Basic life and AD&D insurance provided by Pratt
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Coverage
- Paid Time Off - vacation days, sick leave, winter break, and
major holidays off
- Additional Perks - free entry to select museums and cultural
institutions, free use of campus recreation facilities, affordable
- Bachelor’s degree and equivalent of one-year full-time
Residential Life and Housing experience required.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education or one-year full-time
Residential Life and Housing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with best practices in student
learning and development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative
- Strong administrative skills.
Individual must live on the premises and
participate in on-call duty rotation responding to residence hall
emergencies during non-regular work hours. Involves some evening,
weekend and holiday hours, on-campus residency and availability
outside of regularly scheduled hours for emergencies. Flex time is
applied for these requirements. Apartment and meal plan
To apply, visit https://apply.interfolio.com/124343
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in
hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion
or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, marital
or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, sex, gender
identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or
local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits
of a diverse workforce.