SAR Revenue Agent
Full Time/Part Time
Assists in maintaining records of fiscal and budgetary controls,
ledgers, and/or other related transactions, in either direct or
indirect support of accountants or administrators. Processes
routine financial documents and fund transactions, reconciles
financial records, and analyzes routine financial data. Performs
all aspects of collections on student accounts receivable, confers
with students regarding their accounts, resolves account problems,
posts monetary transactions, processes reimbursements, adjustments,
assists in maintaining ledgers and other account actions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Contact and confer with students regarding payment of their
student accounts. Provides customer-oriented interaction while
working out payment arrangements with students. Payment
arrangements may also include setting up payroll deductions with
students and staff;
• Maintain and review all student payment arrangements utilizing
TouchNet payment system, Banner, and Excel;
• Collaborate with external collection agency(s) on NMHU student
accounts. Prepares student account collection placement report for
external collection agency(s);
• Responds to a range of inquiries regarding financial
transactions; researches and resolves problems;
• Provides customer-service oriented interaction in all telephone
and email responses to parents, students, faculty and staff;
• Collaborate with Bursar to enhance collection processes;
• Run and analyze student account reports. Prepares student account
collection letters and correspondence;
• Collaborate with NM State Agencies, CYFD and Taxation and Revenue
on account collections;
• Assist Bursar/ SAR staff with multi-million-dollar student
reimbursement process throughout Fiscal year;
• Assist Bursar with preparation and distribution of IRS Form
1098T. Answer inquiries regarding information provided on the form
• Assist Bursar with annual Fiscal audit;
• Process add/withdrawal/drop forms;
• Commitment to quality customer service and the ability to balance
effective provision of services while reducing overall delinquency
rate for NMHU student accounts;
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current regulations and
• Reviews and researches student accounts, corrects, reconciles and
applies adjustments to student accounts;
• Assist in developing procedures/policies for improved efficiency
and customer service; Assists in maintaining and updating Banner
• Ensures strict confidentiality of financial records and abide by
• Processes paper documents utilizing the imaging and electronic
document management system;
• Maintains regular attendance;
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
: High School Diploma or GED .
· At least two years of experience related to the duties and
· Completed degrees from an accredited institution that are above
the minimum education requirement may be
substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS :
· Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, holidays, odd hours,
and emergency calls.
· Must be able to speak and write in English.
o Three (3) years of direct debt collection experience.
o Knowledge and experience working with Ellucian Banner.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Ability to analyze and solve problems.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
· Ability to present oneself with a professional presence and
· Ability to maintain confidential information and inquiries with
· Ability to display a keen attention to detail.
· Ability to display a strong working knowledge in excel, word and
other basic computer functions.
· Knowledge of office operations, office machines, and other office
· Ability to maintain exceptional customer service and people
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with faculty, students and staff.
· Knowledge of clerical accounting and bookkeeping practices.
· Skill in operation a calculator, adding machine and other related
· Ability to make mathematical computations rapidly and
· Ability to complete work assignments without continual
· Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of computer and adding
· Must occasionally lift and/or move up to forty (40) pounds;
· Sitting for extended periods of time;
· Kneel, bend, reach and stoop.
· Walking for extended period of time.
· Work is performed in a typical interior/office work
· Work with frequent interruptions.
Work Location/Campus Center
Las Vegas, NM Campus
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected
class. We are committed to the University values of diversity,
accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative
action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- * How many years of experience do you have in customer service?
- 1 Year
- 2 Years
- 3 Years
- 4 Years
- 5 Years or more
- * Do you have experience working in accounts receivable?
- * Do you have experience using automated accounting systems?
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- Letter(s) of Recommendation