This role requires a broadly experienced, analytical and
self-motivated data professional. The Associate Director,
Philanthropic Data Analytics is responsible for maintaining
operations and integrity of the organization’s fundraising
information management system. Additionally, responsibilities
include designing and generating queries, lists and analytical
reports for fundraising activities. This position reports directly
to the Senior Director of Database Management and Analytics.
- Utilizes the advancement information systems and tools.
Optimizes use of functionalities in support of the Office’s
fundraising and alumni relations’ functions.
- Communicates regularly with the College’s IT Department.
- Runs information audit scripts on a regular basis.
- Pulls, checks, verifies, and ensures accuracy of reports
- Produces the initial lists for annual giving appeal,
fundraising, alumni, and stewardship events, and uses business
intelligence during this process.
- Assists with database administration and maintenance including
designing and implementing protocols and training staff.
- Helps in compiling the data for the donors’ annual report.
- Designs, builds, and publishes reports using a variety of
reporting applications and data visualization tools for College
departments and leadership for fundraising evaluation, planning,
and donor solicitation. Applications include Raiser’s Edge,
Blackbaud CRM, Excel and MS Office Queries, Power BI and Tableau.
Provides analysis based on data as requested.
- Generates lists for mailing, prospect evaluation, and
fundraising reporting using Blackbaud products.
- Performs data imports of constituent data including contact
records, prospect research, education, employment, endowment, and
scholarship information using ImportOmatic.
- Creates standards, processes, and procedures to ensure data
integrity and database efficiency.
- Ensures data access across processes is secure and follows
HIPAA compliance standards.
- Bachelor's degree. Four years of relevant experience may
substitute for degree requirement.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information
systems or data analytics.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in report writing and
database management is required, with preference given to
experience with Blackbaud products.
- Experience managing fundraising information management
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, is
- Thorough knowledge of fundraising principles and methods
- Advanced knowledge of designing, developing and generating
reports from a relational database using Structured Query Language
(SQL) is strongly preferred.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully
vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against
vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to,
COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.