Miami Dade College, Kendall Campus is now accepting applications for Payroll Specialist II. This is specialized payroll work of a complex nature in the district Payroll office. Performs a variety of work directly related to the application and implementation of payroll policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responds and completes verification of employment inquiries, unemployment compensation claim forms; and performs data entry for direct deposits and garnishment deductions and other related matters
- Prepares memorandums to communicate garnishment deductions to employees and responds to appropriate garnishment authority.
- Answer employee questions on child support garnishments, tax levies, federal bankruptcy orders, and student loan garnishments. Sorts and files materials alphabetically, numerically, and by other predetermined categories.
- Answers routine questions regarding departmental activities
- Answers telephone, screens callers, relays messages, and greets visitors to the Payroll Department
- Opens, sorts, screens incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
- Prepares correspondence, proposals or reports
- Provides clerical support to the Payroll Department as needed
- Associates of Arts degree in related field from two-year College or technical school and three (3) years of experience in responsible in accounting, finance, or payroll preferably in a large office environment, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software and proficient in using word processing and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting and the ability to apply this knowledge to work situations.
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, and regulations controlling payroll and financial record keeping.
- Knowledge of the principles of financial administrations.
- Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff.
Associates of Arts degree in related field from two-year College or technical school and two (2) years of experience preferred; or, equivalent combination of education and experience