Reporting to the Coordinator for Special Programs, the Office
Specialists for Special Programs is responsible for providing
support for the Mayor’s Scholars program (MSP), and other special
programs. The Office Specialist may also provide direct services to
students during the day, evening, and periodic weekend hours as
needed. Additionally, the Office Specialist performs reception
services as assigned. The Office Specialist also performs
back-office functions such as filing, copying, and other similar
- Provides general information to students and others regarding
the onboarding and registration processes.
- Communicates with prospective students and parents using email
and over the phone.
- Participates as a host on the Virtual Help Desk as needed.
- Provides reception services for the department.
- Participates in and supports the development and implementation
of student success workshops and events for students.
- Using the College’s CRM Banner System, looks up and/or enters
student information as requested.
- Supports departmental budget and expenditures as needed.
- Orders supplies using the College’s procurement system as
- Maintains confidential student records as governed by FERPA
- Refers students to “wrap-around” support services as
- Maintains general appearance/orderliness of department
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- One-year related experience in an office or customer service
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office software applications required,
specifically MSWord and Excel.
- Some experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual
- Some experience using a multi-line phone system.
- Two or more years of related experience in an office or
customer service environment.
- One year experience working in a higher education
- Community College Experience.