Advertised Pay:16.52/hour with potential for a
higher rate commensurate with experience. Updated 7/1/23
Campus Location: Washburn University
The screening committee will review all eligible applications
submitted until the position is filled.
Position Summary: The Financial Aid Specialist processes
financial aid to ensure compliance with federal regulations in one
or more areas while providing excellent customer service. The
Financial Aid processing areas are Return to Title IV
(R2T4)/Documentation of Attendance/Adjustment, Grants/Comment
Codes, Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)/Consortium,
Verification, and Loans.
• Communicate with students and families throughout the financial
• Work with faculty and staff to resolve student issues.
• Provide excellent customer service in person, over the phone, and
• Run reports to assist with processing financial aid.
• Create and maintain Financial Aid Office Policies and Procedures
Manual in respective areas.
• Provide cross-training to colleagues and assists with student
• Performs additional job-related duties as assigned or as
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Two years of experience providing information to customers related
to procedures and/or policies or a post-secondary degree.
Proven experience providing effective customer service.
Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication
This position requires access to U. S. Department of Education (ED)
databases; Common Origination & Disbursement (COD), National
Student Loan Data Systems (NSLDS), and Central Processing Services
(CPS) and in order to have access to these databases, applicants
cannot be in default or owe an overpayment in any Title IV Federal
Financial Aid program
Financial aid experience
Experience with Ellucian’s Banner student information system.
Full time Hourly Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
Background Check Required