Assistant Clinical Professor, Nursing Practice
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
College Of Nursing
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The College of Nursing and Health Science (CONHS) at Texas A&M
University-Corpus Christi (TAMUCC) invites applications for a
9-month, non-tenure track Assistant Clinical Professor of Nursing
Practice to begin as early as fall 2023.
The CONHS non-tenure-track faculty responsibilities include
teaching, scholarship, service and implementation and evaluation of
undergraduate courses and student learning. Faculty are expected to
model exemplar professional behavior through work with students,
peers, and community colleagues and to provide student support to
include mentoring, advising, recruiting, and project supervision.
Faculty are also expected to participate in the CONHS activities
that contribute to achieving TAMUCC and CONHS organizational
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is a vibrant, Hispanic
Serving Doctoral Research Institution that proudly provides a solid
academic reputation, renowned faculty, and highly rated degree
programs since 1947. The University has a heritage of teaching
excellence with innovation in research and community engagement as
part of the distinguished Texas A&M System. The only university
in the nation located on its own island, at the heart of the Texas
Gulf Coast. With palm tree lined pathways throughout the campus,
nearby natural wetlands, a scenic hike-and-bike trail and pristine
views of the beach and bays, Texas A&M University-Corpus
Christi is a first-choice institution.
- An earned doctorate in Nursing from an accredited institution
(PhD, DNP, EdD)
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical nursing experience
- Current unencumbered RN/APRN License in the State of Texas or
eligible for licensure in Texas.
- Previous academic administrative experience
- Experience with web-based course delivery, including on-line
course development, online teaching, and application of best
practices in online education.
- Experience with classroom/didactic course teaching.
- Experience teaching or participating in health care
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across disciplines
and with community practice partners.
- Graduate nursing education coursework.
TO APPLY: https://www.tamucc.edu/human-resources/careers/index.php
All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of application addressing qualifications listed and a
teaching philosophy statement.
2. A current curriculum vitae.
3. Three professional references including name, address, title,
telephone number, and email addresses.
4. Copies of unofficial transcripts for undergraduate and graduate
The job posting will remain open until a finalist is selected.
Applications will be reviewed immediately.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TX/Assistant-Clinical-Professor--Nursing-Practice_R-059219