Associate Vice Chancellor for Enrollment
About The State University of New York :
The State University of New York is the largest comprehensive system of higher education in the United States, and more than 95 percent of all New Yorkers live within 30 miles of any one of SUNY's 64 colleges and universities. Across the system, SUNY has four academic health centers, five hospitals, four medical schools, two dental schools, the state's only college of optometry, and manages one US Department of Energy National Laboratory. In total, SUNY serves about 1.3 million students in credit-bearing courses and programs, continuing education, and community outreach programs. SUNY oversees nearly a quarter of academic research in New York. Research expenditures system-wide were more than $1.0 billion in fiscal year 2020, including significant contributions from students and faculty. There are more than three million SUNY alumni worldwide, and one in three New Yorkers with a college degree is a SUNY alum.
The Associate Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management provides senior leadership, guidance, and facilitation of for SUNY's system-wide student recruitment and enrollment processes and practices to realize SUNY enrollment goals. Primary responsibilities include the development and implementation of comprehensive annual strategic recruitment and enrollment plans in dialogue with campus- based enrollment management staff and leaders to increase enrollment across all SUNY college sectors and oversight of the various System-based enrollment management units. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for the development and implementation of a SUNY wide annual recruitment and enrollment plan. This plan will include establishing student recruitment goals with each SUNY campus and the development of innovative year-round enrollment initiatives to target all potential student populations, including but not limited to underserved, first generation students, adult learners, students with disabilities, and transfer students.
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the SUNY Marketing and other teams to develop an annual strategic marketing plan which may include digital and traditional advertising, online, publications and events, among other strategies to enhance awareness of SUNY opportunities for multiple potential student groups, their families, employers, and others who may support them.
- Conduct and communicate ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of recruitment initiatives using data analytics, prepared to adjust strategy as performance is assessed
- Closely monitor enrollment activities of all 64 campuses and collaborate with the Chief Enrollment Officers and other admissions professionals at each campus to establish goals and implementation strategies in support of SUNY's enrollment priorities
- Convene and lead meetings for Chief Enrollment Officers, Directors of Admissions, and the Enrollment Management Advisory Council
- Work closely with the SUNY EOP management teams to align recruitment and enrollment plan to ensure all EOP slots are filled every fall
- Collaborate with a variety of vendors and outside organizations to assist with SUNY's recruitment initiatives
- Represent SUNY at a variety of events, including programs for prospective students, school counselors and SUNY campus admissions and enrollment professionals
- Lead staff retreats and facilitate professional development of the SUNY enrollment management team
- Oversees the following units; Enrollment Services, Application Service Center, Financial Aid Services, Recruitment Technologies, International and Out-of-State Enrollment Initiatives, College Fairs and Recruitment Events, Recruitment for New York City, Long Island, and Westchester County, and NYC Welcome Center
- Master's Degree in a related field
- Minimum of seven years of experience in admissions/enrollment management at a managerial level
- Demonstrated success in translating program goals into successful operating plans with realistic budgets and effective staff management
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate goals to multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work independently, prioritize tasks, respond effectively to competing demands, and meet deadlines
- Experience working collaboratively across departments or institutions to develop cooperative working relationships at all levels
- Experience managing budgets and supervising staff at various levels
- Energetic, collegial, results-oriented
- Ability to travel frequently and participate in evening and occasional weekend activities
- Higher education experience at a large public institution
- Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent Benefit Package which includes; NYS health insurance, free dental and vision, competitive retirement options, tuition assistance and generous vacation, sick and holiday accruals.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- There is a travel requirement associate with this position.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
State University of New York System Administration is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or retaliation.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.