Fulltime Faculty will spend their time teaching students, advising, and mentoring their students to accomplish their educational goals. They will participate in professional development of themselves through peer review research and engage in the campus community throughout the academic year.
Typical Duties Of Fulltime Faculty May Include The Following:
AUPP Fulltime Faculty:
- Teaching undergraduate and/or graduate students as well as serving as a global lecturer to our partner institutions in their relevant discipline (s) of expertise.
- Following and modifying (as needed) the class syllabus to ensure that the syllabus meets department and university standards with no substantial changes made without consent of relevant Program Chair or Dean approval.
- Planning and creating lectures, in-class discussions, and other appropriate activities and assignments.
- Grading assigned papers, quizzes, exams, and other course assignments in Canvas timely.
- Assessing students’ overall performance based on their attendance, participation in class/performance on course assignments, and examinations.
- Collaborating with colleagues on course curriculum, research etc.
- Advising students on how to be successful and achieve goals.
- Staying updated on innovations and changes within their course field.
- Participation in professional development/campus activities as required.
Education And Experience:
- A clear communicator who provides value-added comments and information to students.
- Able to teach using real-world experience, confidently engage with class of students in an engaging manner.
- Technologically savvy: can utilize email, a range of online learning systems.
- Student centered focus that is nurturing their students grasp of learning outcomes with students having the ability to apply practical application of learned course theories.
- Passionate about their specific academic field (s) and education in general.
- An understanding of the use of curriculum design, pedagogy, and learning outcome alignment.
- Effective collaboration with colleagues across campus is not limited to cross discipline courses being developed or new degree programs.
- Representation at campus open house and relevant program recruitment activities.
- Rotate their participation to serve in the following capacities: Faculty Advisor for Student Clubs/ organizations, Campus Committees, Chaperon student education and learning activities.
- Earned Master’s or a Ph.D. (or J.D.) in an appropriate discipline from an American or other western universities.
- Industry certifications in Cloud Computing, Cybersecurity, and/or Software Development preferred.
- Minimum three years’ teaching or related experience in person with online teaching/in person teaching experience.
- Proficient Learning Management System (Canvas) or similar technology skills.