The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), a distinguished academic medical center, and ThedaCare, the largest comprehensive healthcare provider in region, are at the forefront of medicine and are dedicated to educating and training tomorrow’s physicians. Through MCW and its community partners, ThedaCare and MCW have combined their extensive and varied resources to provide the foundation necessary for a broad spectrum of system-wide graduate medical education (GME) training programs throughout Northeast and Central Wisconsin.
With this vision in mind, MCW-ThedaCare are actively recruiting for a Vice President, Graduate Medical Education (VP of GME) to help shape the future direction of the GME programs and develop the infrastructure for the new residencies across the ThedaCare system. This position will also serve as Assistant Dean, Graduate Medical Education at MCW and will be primarily based in the Fox Cities. Wisconsin’s Fox Cities include 19 communities nestled along the shores of Lake Winnebago and the Fox River, including two of ThedaCare’s largest service areas: Appleton and Neenah, WI.
Under the direction of the Chief Clinical Officer, ThedaCare, and the Sr. Associate Dean for GME & Accreditation, Medical College of Wisconsin, the VP/Assistant Dean of GME will provide the strategy, oversight, and management for the GME programs across the system that will continue to impact the quality-of-care delivery and health outcomes of this population. Access to state-of-the-art medical technologies, a diverse patient population in patient-centered community settings, coupled with the opportunity to pursue research and educate primary care physicians, provide a solid foundation for a rewarding career as a physician leader in any medical specialty or subspecialty.
- GME Training Programs: Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals (MCWAH) offers 98 ACGME-accredited (residency and fellowship) programs with over 900 residents and fellows enrolled. MCWAH offers almost 200 first-year residency positions in 21 disciplines. Fellowship positions are available in 73 subspecialties.
- MCW is nationally ranked in the top 5% in the number of residents trained.
- Each GME program is supervised and supported by a dedicated program director.
- Access to nationally recognized, NIH-funded research facilities and the 3rd largest private medical school in the nation with the latest advancements.
- ThedaCare is the largest locally based employer with 6,700 employees, seven hospitals, 32 clinics, and comprehensive healthcare services across nine counties, serving over 200,000 patients annually.
- Collaborate within ThedaCare's Clinically Integrated Network and its NextGen ACO Model.
- Continue to build a legacy model of health care and establish your legacy—one that enriches the quality of GME, leads to innovative discoveries, and expands clinical training capacity in Wisconsin and beyond.
- Live in a Top-Ranked City: A thriving metropolitan hub on the shores of one of the Great Lakes; Proximity to Chicago Metro Area. Healthy work-life balance.
- Fantastic cultural and dining attractions are top-flight, and waterfront options can be active or leisurely.
- Enjoy and multiple festivals throughout the year, MLB, NBA, and college sporting events.
- Experience a big-city lifestyle with the ambiance of a small town surrounded by incredible natural landscapes.
- M.D., D.O. or equivalent medical degree from an accredited program required. Licensed or eligible to practice medicine in the state of Wisconsin by start of appointment. Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with relevant GME experience in roles such as an Assistant Program Director, Program Director or DIO, Executive Director, or Vice President of GME. Have an in-depth understanding of regulatory and accreditation systems involved in GME.
All inquiries (including expressions of interest and an updated CV) should be sent to Elaine Auerbach: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Elaine Auerbach, MBA, MPH
Managing Partner & Practice Leader
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5259 – Direct
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Or Apply at: https://www.kbic.com/job/vice-president-of-gme-eb-1958963507
EXCELLENT SALARY + BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Highly competitive salaries plus annual incentive compensation opportunity
- Commencement bonus
- Paid relocation
- Student loan assistance
- Retirement contribution plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- And many other non-traditional benefits.
MCW-ThedaCare has partnered with Kaye/Bassman to provide executive search services for the Department of GME. MCW-ThedaCare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. ThedaCare and the Medical College of Wisconsin values diversity and is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in education and employment. MCW-ThedaCare are dedicated to diversity and include of all people and groups and encourage those who are underrepresented in medicine to apply.