Adjunct Faculty - Department of Critical Literacies, Technology,
and Multilingual Education (CLTM)
Adjunct Faculty, ESL/Bilingual CUGS and COGS - Department
of Critical Literacies, Technology, and Multilingual Education
Adjunct Faculty - College of Education
This is a part-time, adjunct position with the possibility of
renewal on a term-by-term basis. We are interested in candidates
who can teach courses in our ESL/Bilingual undergraduate (CUGS) and
graduate (COGS) programs. Our students are pre-service and
in-service teachers working to obtain their ESL Certificate and/or
Bilingual Endorsement for teaching in PK12 settings.
- Master’s degree or higher from an accredited institution of
higher education in Applied Linguistics, TESOL, Bilingual
Education, or a closely related field
- At least 3 years teaching experience with
bilingual/multilingual or emergent bilingual (EB) students in PK12
classrooms in the US, preferably in urban or suburban settings
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to
collaboration, collegiality, professional development, diversity,
scholarly inquiry, student learning, civic responsibility, and
respect for all people
- Demonstrated commitment to working with PK12 schools and
underrepresented students and families.
- A teaching and learning philosophy consistent with the mission
of Rowan University and the College of Education.
- Experience with higher education teaching in multiple formats,
- Proficiency in language(s) other than English and connections
to bilingual communities
- Membership and participation in appropriate professional
Questions regarding this position can be directed
to Dr. Catherine Michener ( email@example.com
) and/or Dr.
Brooke Hoffman ( firstname.lastname@example.org
The application must be submitted through our online applicant
All applications should include:
- Application cover letter addressing experience related to the
required and preferred qualifications listed above
- A statement of teaching philosophy and commitment to diversity,
equity, social justice, and inclusion (500 words)
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of all graduate transcripts (unofficial for
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one of which speaks to
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal
opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon need for instructors in a given
semester and budget appropriations.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the
US, and the university will not sponsor an applicant for a work
visa for this position.