Laurel Ridge Community College
9 Month - Site Coordinator and Lab Instructor, Physical Therapist Assistant Program
The salary range for the position is $48,263 to $94,806, per year, however, actual starting salary will commensurate with education and/or experience.
Available for work schedule that includes evenings and weekends for labs at the Valley Health site and weekdays as needed for over site of distance education courses.
Laurel Ridge Community College is partnering with Germanna Community College (GCC) to offer an expansion site for GCC’s Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Program and is searching for an experienced physical therapist or physical therapist assistant to serve as the Site Coordinator and lab instructor for the Laurel Ridge location, in collaboration with the GCC team. The initial appointment is a 9-month, faculty-ranked position. The Coordinator will be primarily responsible for teaching the laboratory portions of all courses in the curriculum and ensuring integrity of the learning experiences at the Laurel Ridge site. The Coordinator will also assist in management of clinical education at the Laurel Ridge site and oversee student participation in distance education provided by Germanna faculty. The program will be offered at the Page/Luray Center and at the Page Memorial Valley Health Hospital system. This position is a one-year 9-month appointment. The salary for the nine-month faculty position is commensurate with rank and credentials plus state benefits.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for the position is $48,263 to $94,806, per year, however, actual starting salary will commensurate with education and/or experience. The position is a 9 month faculty role and as such is eligible for the benefits package offered by the Commonwealth of Virginia for state agencies and the Virginia Community College System. For more information, please visit www.dhrm.virginia.gov and www.vccs.edu
Click here to learn about Laurel Ridge Community College.
Laurel Ridge Community College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment, and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Laurel Ridge will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in order to provide access to the application, interviewing, and selection process. Please email email@example.com for further information.
Laurel Ridge Community College is an equal opportunity institution providing educational and employment opportunities, programs, services, and activities. While honoring bona fide occupational exceptions as needed, the college shall promote and maintain equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions including lactation, age, status as a veteran, national origin, or other non-merit factors. The college also promotes a safe working environment and prohibits sexual misconduct, including sexual violence and harassment.
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: https://www.vadars.org/drs/cpid/PWContact.aspx , or call DARS at 800- 552-5019.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy or physical therapist assistant program
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a PT or PTA in the state of Virginia
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical physical therapy practice
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a related field, OR associates degree with at least 5 years of clinical physical therapy practice
- Broad experience with the delivery of physical therapy across the continuum of care, including orthopedics, neurorehabilitation, and acute/sub-acute care.
- Strong communication, writing, organization, interpersonal, problem-solving, and counseling skills
- Information and computer technology skills, or proven ability to learn these skills.
- Able to work independently at a satellite site and coordinate work with colleagues and students remotely, utilizing distance learning and technology as needed.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- Available for a work schedule that may include days, evenings and/or weekends, based on departmental needs, student needs, and faculty availability for on-site labs at the Valley Health site and oversight of distance education courses.
- Ability to facilitate or conduct distanced learning, web delivery, instructional laboratory and clinical assignments.
- Prior clinical or academic teaching experience in a physical therapist assistant/physical therapist academic program.
- Knowledge of education, management, and adult learning theories and principles
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Active in professional activities at the local, state, and/or national levels
- Prior experience with coordination of clinical and laboratory schedules and activities
- APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor
Operation of a State Vehicle
Travel as per any required duties of the position, such as to sites/campuses and any training. Ability to cover assignments throughout the college service region as necessary for the job is required.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Upload Cover Letter (this is optional, but recommended) and resume (this is optional, but recommended) and Unofficial Transcripts (this is optional). Reference checks, background screenings, and eVerify are required for all Laurel Ridge positions. Satisfactory reference, background screenings are a condition of employment.
Background Check Statement Disclaimer
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest. For more information, please follow this link: http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.
Quick link for Posting