A.T. Still University's Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
(ATSU-KCOM) is seeking applications for a Microbiology/Immunology
Research Technician on the Kirksville, Missouri campus. This
position reports to the Microbiology/Immunology Department Chair
and the Senior Research Associate. This job is designed to support
the education and research missions of the Microbiology/Immunology
department and its faculty, staff and students
- Pick-up, wash and sterilize glassware.
- Prepare and sterilize culture media and other solutions.
- Set-up, clean and organize the department work and teaching lab
- Check freezers, incubators, etc. each work day to ensure that
the equipment is functioning properly.
- Assist faculty and students in carrying out research procedures
- Assist as requested in teaching lab. This duty is of prime
importance, but only occurs when department teaching activities
occur (currently in the fall semester).
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Previous research or clinical laboratory experience is
- Previous experience with bacterial cultures, molecular biology
and tissue culture techniques is highly desirable.
- sterile technique, safety procedures and accuracy in
preparation of reagents and use of equipment (e.g., water
distillation system, autoclave, spectrophotometer, gel
documentation system, incubator-shaker, centrifuges, pipetters,
- Ability to make reagents using molarity and normality
- Ability to perform serial dilutions.
- Ability to learn new techniques with proper training.
- Ability to do repetitive work, self motivated, energetic,
attention to detail, responsible, organized, collegial.
- Must show an aptitude for learning new techniques in the