A.T. Still University (ATSU) is seeking a non-exempt Enrollment
Services Coordinator on the Kirksville, Missouri campus. This
position reports to the Assistant Director Student Financial Aid –
Enrollment Services. This position will work in conjunction with
the Assistant Director Student Financial Aid – Enrollment Services
to prepare over 3000 offers and process over $170M in federal and
private loans and over $10M in internal and external scholarships
and third party funding annually for approximately 3900 students on
3 campuses residentially and online. Attention to detail, accuracy,
and efficient processing is required to deliver offers and funds
timely to students as well as the ability to research, think
critically and make decisions using compliance based resources.
Coordinators are expected to provide ongoing student and Enrollment
Services’ staff guidance and support.
This position has a telecommute/hybrid work location: a combination
of on campus and remote.
Major Job Duties
- In coordination with the Higher Education Act (HEA), evaluates
and prepares a financial aid offer for each FAFSA filer, including
research and resolution of compliance-based concerns as reported by
the U.S. Department of Education.
- Navigates the complexity of packaging offers that include
funding from ATSU academic programs/departments and outside
support, ensuring students do not receive more than their Cost of
Attendance (COA) (i.e., Federal Work-Study, Health Resources and
Services Administration (HRSA), U.S. Department of Defense military
Tuition Assistance, employer payments).
- Reviews and responds to student financial aid questions and
requests including additional federal and/or private loan
disbursements, scholarships, unplanned financial emergencies,
enrollment changes, tuition discounts, tuition adjustments, and
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements.
- Provides support to the Professional Judgment Committee by
reviewing student requests, evaluating documentation for supporting
evidence, advising the student with their documentation, presenting
the request to the committee, amending the COA and notifying the
student of the outcome.
- Reviews and responds to follow-up information provided by
students to satisfy outstanding FAFSA requirements (i.e.,
verification or confirmation of tax information, proof of
citizenship, resolution of record discrepancies) between the U.S.
Department of Education Central Processing System and ATSU.
- Utilizes the U.S. Department of Education and private lender
tools to research and make decisions regarding compliance topics,
student claims, and to advise students. Tools such as the Common
Origination and Disbursement (COD) system, National Student Loan
Data System (NSLDS), Great Lakes ScholarNet, etc. are used daily to
confirm and resolve student issues (i.e., default, bankruptcy, and
aggregate loan limits).
- Troubleshoots Student Information System (SIS) auto awarding
and financial aid automation exceptions when student loan data
fails to award or approve for transfer to COD (i.e., Satisfactory
Academic Progress, enrollment changes, academic year definitions,
entrance counseling completion).
- Reviews and approves loans for origination after students have
accepted a loan offer.
- Generates reports from SIS to identify loans to originate,
academic year data to build, and financial aid offers that need
built or reviewed.
- Builds relationships and maintains communication with the
Finance Office’s Student Accounts team to ensure student payments
and returns are processed in a timely and accurate manner,
increasing student satisfaction and maintaining federal, state and
- Supports students alongside the other Coordinators -Enrollment
Services and Administrative Supports – Enrollment
- Services through telephone and email correspondence in the area
of financial aid as well as other areas managed by Enrollment
- Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting, or related
- One to Two Years related experience working in customer
service-oriented and/or office environment (familiarity with
phones, supporting others, and technology to perform a job).
- Prior experience with tasks requiring organization, tracking,
and decision making.
- Proficient computer skills, using Google Suite products and
Excel; prior experience with student, customer or patient
information systems is preferred.
- Ability to problem solve and work collaboratively with other
- Ability to effectively communicate and enforce policies in a
courteous tactful manner.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in order to meet
- Must be organized and able to work under pressure in order to
meet goals to support admission, University academic year, and
- Ability to maintain confidential information and protect
student personally identifiable information per the Title IV
security regulations and FERPA.
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical,
dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible,
employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month
following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits