A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral
Health (ATSU-ASDOH) invites applications for an Orthodontic Dental
Assistant on the Mesa, Arizona campus. The Dental Assistant is
responsible for ensuring clinic is stocked with supplies, including
the ordering of supplies, sterilization of instruments, along with
maintaining operatory areas, and OSHA/HIPAA rules and regulations.
Dental Assistant must be properly trained/certified to provide
chairside assistance for the Orthodontic Residents and Faculty. May
be required to float to other dental assisting positions in the
clinic as needed.
- Main support as chairside assistant to assigned residents,
performing daily four-handed assisting duties and working solo with
- Input charting and notes in Dolphin, acquire CBCT x-rays, and
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of Orthodontic unit and
- Independently complete daily and weekly assigned maintenance
tasks for the lab and the clinic.
- Attend meetings as assigned.
- Stocking, cleaning units and clinic areas, place maintenance
request emails for broken items.
- Provide feedback on supply usage.
- Assisting with clerical work as needed (Dolphin status clean
up, scanning, etc)
- High School plus one year technical training or schooling.
- Two to three years experience in chairside orthodontic
- Dental office experience.
- Computer experience: Word, Excel, email.
- Infection control experience.
- Four-handed dental assisting skills.
- Ability to take clear, diagnostic images and photographs.
- Sterilization, OSHA, HIPAA, and infection control
- Dolphin software, iTero Scanners, 3D printer, digital x-ray,
infection control, demonstrated knowledge of computer
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced
- Excellent communication skills, maturity, and ability to stay
on task are required.
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical,
dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible,
employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month
following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits