Emporia State University, located in Emporia, Kansas, is seeking a Social Media Manager for the Marketing + Communication team. We are looking for someone who can enhance Emporia State University’s goals through social media channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Instagram and TikTok. The successful candidate must be dynamic, have excellent communication skills, multi-task efficiently and write clearly and concisely.
- Responsible for overall social media management, including brand guidance, oversight of campus wide subsidiary social media accounts, frequent collaboration with account owners.
- Management of social media campaigns and day-to-day activities.
- Developing strategy and content topics to reach target audiences for each channel.
- Curating and managing all published content (images, video and written).
- Managing student social media position.
- Developing monthly analytic reports.
- Writing content for marketing materials as necessary.
- Identifying social media trends and adapting them to the university culture.
- Manage authentic social media voice and content strategy across channels.
- Providing brand management guidance and oversight to subsidiary social media account owners around campus.
- Following and implementing Emporia State University social media policy on each platform.
- Some weekend and evening availability is required.
- An associate degree in marketing, communication, journalism or related area of study or related experience is required,
- As well as one year of related experience and in-depth knowledge of social media platforms and their audiences.
- $38,000-$42,000 annually based on experience.
- Emporia State University offers a generous benefit package. Find out more about our health benefits, retirement options, paid time off, dependent and spouse tuition waiver program, and many other benefits at this link.
To apply, upload a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references at https://bit.ly/3oJsZNK
A background check and official transcripts are required prior to hire.
Review of Application Materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
For more information
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.