A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's athletics
program and collaborate with staff and administration to ensure
student-athletes are provided with opportunities and services to
help them succeed academically. The Head Women’s Basketball
is responsible for meeting the goals of guiding and
building an elite-level program; as well as promoting academic
achievement and character of the student-athlete, fans, and within
the University community. This customer-centric role is responsible
to deliver service excellence support to meet the needs of our
University community. Demonstrates the professionalism needed to
handle sensitive and confidential matters. All coaching positions
will provide support to athletics activities, have daily contact
with the public, and requires the ability to interact (internally
and externally) in a professional, positive, and tactful manner at
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Responsible for the overall management of FMU’s Women’s
Basketball program, establishing and adhering to policies,
procedures, regulations, and guidelines in compliance with the
policies, procedures, regulations, and guidelines of all
University, NAIA, State, and Federal Laws.
- Recruit elite-level prospective student-athletes that will
excel within the University framework and make successful progress
- Monitor academic progress and the retention of students
affiliated with the Women’s Basketball program, implementing action
plans in collaboration with the Faculty Athletic Representative and
Student Academic Success office.
- Formulate an effective philosophy to promote the educational
welfare and sportsmanship of the student-athlete in alignment with
the University’s mission.
- Assume responsibility for sportsmanship, conduct, and academic
progress of all students and staff affiliated with the Women’s
- Plan coaching and practice sessions in accordance with NAIA and
- Manage all operational, fiscal, and administrative activities
for the Women’s Basketball program.
- Promote the athletic program and sport through attending
community events, public speaking, fundraising, revenue generation,
- Comply with NAIA, conference, and FMU rules, regulations, and
- Participate in institutional professional development and
training. Display behavior consistent with professional ethics and
the FMU faculty and staff handbook.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned by the Director
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level
of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent
communication (oral and written), organizational, and time
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- CPR and AED Certified.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as
extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors,
and/or loud noises.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified as essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
- A creative self-starter with a bachelor's degree plus two (2)
plus years of collegiate or professional coaching experience.
- Ability to recruit and retain elite-level
- Experience in intercollegiate athletic program administration;
or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
and Banner financial system.
- This position will require the individual to travel and work
some nights and weekends.
- A team player that works well with others.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity