The College of Education and Human Development Office of External Relations is seeking a full-time Associate Development Officer. The associate development officer will work with individuals capable of making gifts of $25,000 to $50,000 by successfully fostering alumni/donor relationships, creating opportunities for engagement and connection, and building a stronger pipeline for major gifts for the College of Education and Human Development. The position will qualify, cultivate, solicit, close, and steward major gifts from research-identified prospects, both current and deferred. This position reports to the Senior Development Officer and works closely with other external relations staff, the dean, college faculty, U of M Foundation staff, and other development colleagues across campus. This position will work primarily with individuals to determine their philanthropic passions, and close gifts in support of collegiate and departmental and center fundraising priorities. The associate development officer is considered the initial level of fully competent and performing Development professional and will independently prioritize tasks set in consultation with their supervisor.
The University of Minnesota encourages a healthy work life balance for employees. CEHD is committed to an excellent employee experience, offering a flexible work environment that meets the needs of students, staff, faculty, and the communities we serve. Flexible work arrangements may include flexibility in schedule and/or work location. Please note that 100% remote work requires approval. All UMN employees are expected to follow applicable public health and safety procedures.
Gift Development (90%)
Other duties as assigned (10%)
- Participate in leadership projects as assigned by the Chief Development Officer and Senior Development Officer.
- Other duties and meeting responsibilities as assigned.
- Baccalaureate degree.
- 2+ years of progressive responsibility in fundraising, alumni relations, or closely related fields.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to independently build and manage a donor portfolio working proactively, effectively, efficiently, and tactfully with a diverse group of internal and external constituents.
- Robust attention to detail
- A highly collaborative mindset with success in working in a team setting.
- Proficient in the use of PC software, such as Microsoft Office, and database familiarity.
- Strong commitment to the mission of CEHD and a major, land-grant, research, urban university.
Working at the University
At the University of Minnesota, you’ll find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance, allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your life outside of work.
The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training and degree-seeking programs supported by the Regents Scholarship
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) opportunity
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling at no cost
Please visit the Office of Human Resources website for more information regarding benefits.
The budgeted salary range for this position is $55,408 - $68,000, with average starting salary at $62,750. Final determination on salary offers are dependent on the candidate's experience, skills, and internal equity within the department.
TO APPLY: Priority deadline Friday, May 5th. Applications must be submitted online: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/355051 . To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.