Hope Geneva bookstore - Web/Marketing Specialist
Hourly Part Time (.1-.49 FTE)
Hope Geneva Bookstore
Position Summary: The Web/Marketing Specialist will be responsible
for executing effective marketing strategies, assisting with
campaign development, analyzing the effectiveness of each campaign.
Website performance, implementation, maintenance and updates,
troubleshooting functional glitches and errors, advancing the user
experience. This position will participate in digital publishing,
document authoring, graphics development, site design and growth,
testing, launching, measuring, reporting on key performance
indicators, our customer base, and creating effective strategies
that will promote the long-term growth of our revenue.
Essential Job Functions for the Web/Marketing Specialist
include, but are not limited to, the following:
Planning- Overall Strategy and Growth
- Works with Retail Sales Manager and Sales Team on strategies to
reach particular audiences.
- Work with IT, Ecommerce platform, team members and Retail Sales
Manager to set road map and execute site optimizations,
enhancements and new functionality.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team. Incorporate
changes recommended by the sales team and departments into the
final design. Reviewing designs for errors with meticulous
attention to detail before printing or publishing them.
Driving- Events and promotions
- Determine the message the design should portray.
- Develop and communicate marketing plans, campaign results and
project recommendations to Sales Team.
- Measure and report on key sales performance indicators.
- Enhance the organization’s social media presence. Develops,
manages, and maintains social media content on Facebook, Instagram
and Twitter that promotes the Hope College Bookstore, its programs,
- Using Constant Contact, create email updates, based sales,
promotions, or other content provided by team.
- Effectively manages and prioritizes multiple tasks/projects
while meeting established deadlines.
Executing- Web Design and Marketing Pieces
- Owns document authoring and marketing project production.
- Serves as developer for web-based initiatives.
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message.
- Develop graphics for product illustrations, marketing pieces,
and the website.
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout.
- Programming, coding, and publishing of web pages, content, and
- Ensure creative marketing materials undergo regular review and
adhere to brand guidelines
Follow up- Continuous Improvement
- Manage site functionality and user experience on all digital
platforms and mobile properties.
- Monitor site performance. Updates content and web graphics, and
identifies any issues to make improvements that impact sales and
- Responsible for promptly addressing operational issues on the
websites and swiftly handling glitches and functional errors.
- Researching industry data and best practices to improve web
content strategy and enhance discoverability.
- Analyze data to determine campaign efficiency.
- Open and close store as scheduled. Responsible for general
maintenance of sales floor, including customer service, stocking,
and driving overall store sales.
- Development of student staff. Encourage, teach and support the
student workers and supervisors while modeling and promoting
stellar customer service.
- Drive continuous improvement of all processes related to
- Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position
description as needed for the business and directed by their
- Bachelor’s degree beneficial
- Retail environment
- Marketing/promotions development experience
- Two or more years in marketing/customer service industry
- Strong computer, telephone and communication skills
- Experience with Adobe & In-Design
- Experience with aspects of selling online to include listing,
updating and maintaining product listings
- Editing/proofreading skills
- Social media expertise
- Extensive knowledge & hands on experience in eCommerce
- Self-starter & Ability to work independently, with minimum
- Self-disciplined, have excellent communications and design
- Be a self-starter, multi-tasker and have a strong work
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
This position requires remaining in a sitting or standing position
for frequent periods of time; uses office machinery such as a
computers, printers, copy machines; Occasionally involves moving
items over 10 pounds; frequently will move between different
offices/workspaces/buildings; and requires effective communication
abilities. In the case of temporary or permanent condition(s) that
require(s) accommodation(s), reasonable accommodation(s) may be
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check.
Some positions may have position specific requirements, such as
education/licensure/certification verification, a physical, drug
screening, credit checks and/or transportation record review.
Posting Detail Information
Job Posting Open Date
Job Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
Is this position available for sponsorship
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter