The Department Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology invites candidates with strong teaching skills to submit applications for part-time faculty positions for our CACREP accredited on-campus, in-person courses in Milwaukee, WI. Qualified instructors are needed for courses in the clinical mental health counseling program, with a specific focus on multicultural counseling, assessment in counseling and research methods. The Department Chair will review applications submitted for this vacancy.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Department Chair, instructors will:
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and service.
- Direct and lead students effectively.
- Prepare and follow syllabus and teaching plans.
- Develop and prepare syllabi, lectures, presentations and handouts for teaching courses.
- Instruct, manage and supervise students and groups in a professional manner.
- Stimulate and encourage class discussion.
- Prepare, administer and evaluate/grade course assignments, exams and other course assessments.
- Be prepared to convert to an online instructional format if necessary.
- Maintain accurate records of student performance.
- Be available and responsive to students.
- Remain current with new trends and developments in the professional practice of counseling.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Graduation from an accredited institution with a master’s or doctoral degree in counselor education, professional psychology or a related educational field; have experience in clinical mental health counseling.
- Knowledge of content and skills for clinical mental health counseling.
- The ability to teach core knowledge and skills for clinical mental health counseling.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate well with students and colleagues.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Graduation from an accredited institution with a doctoral degree in counselor education, professional psychology or a related educational field; have extensive experience in clinical mental health counseling
- Successful college/university level teaching experience Extensive and thorough knowledge of subject matter and course content of classes to be taught
- Ability to facilitate learning for in-person classes. Instruction may include both asynchronous and synchronous instructional formats
- Ability to work well with people and relate effectively with students, colleagues, and administration
- Ability and willingness to follow written and oral procedures and instructions
- Skill in written and oral communication
It is the policy of Marquette University to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.