About Oakton College :
For over 50 years, Oakton College has been the setting where
thousands begin or continue their college or career studies.
Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more
than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life
for everyone who enters its doors.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under supervision, provide administrative and office support
services to one or more administrator/faculty/staff members in the
college. Exercise independent judgment in the use of confidential
information based on established college policies and
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compose, type and prepare routine correspondence, reports and
memoranda for administrator/faculty/staff member as
- Receive and refer phone, mail or in-person inquiries and
requests to appropriate functional area or division.
- Process and schedule all work on an established priority basis
in order to equitably handle all requests for services from
- Take and type notes of committee and/or faculty meetings when
- Type legal contracts, agreements, examinations, and evaluations
as required using discretion in disseminating confidential
information concerning these documents.
- Organize, maintain and update subject files and records,
keeping all data for administrator/faculty members current and in
- Monitor budget expenditures for functional area as
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- High school education or an equivalent combination of training
and experience from which similar ability can be acquired is
- Two years general office experience with one year of
responsible general administrative and office support services is
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, retrieve and manipulate
data is required.
- Intermediate level of word processing (Microsoft Word
preferred) and beginning spreadsheet application (Microsoft Excel
preferred) skills are required.
General supervision is received from designated supervisor.
Functional supervision of staff members and student
HOURS: Tuesday-Friday from 9:30am-2:30pm. 20 hours per
For summer hours, when the College is closed on Fridays, the
hours would be Monday -Thursday 9:30-2:30pm).
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select
the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of,
at least, three (3) professional references with contact
information prepared to submit with your application.
Oakton College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
institution, committed to employing competent, qualified
individuals. Oakton College does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age,
marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or
gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and
participation in its educational programs, college activities and
services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without
notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are