The Publishing and Media Outreach Coordinator oversees and coordinates publications and other activities of the Donald Reichardt Center for Publishing and Literary Arts, including print, audio, visual media, and social media. In overseeing the Center, the Coordinator proposes, plans and develops a range of departmental outreach activities in Spanish, English Education, and Writing.
The Coordinator is responsible for overseeing media and technology; budgets and databases; and physical spaces, which include podcasting and film equipment. The Coordinator may also oversee and assist with assessment and supervision of various students, staff, and projects. The Coordinator communicates with clients and stakeholders, and coordinates among various areas of campus and community. This includes publicity and advocacy for departmental initiatives and publishing/literary arts projects and collaborations.
The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the collection and maintenance of records and assessment data for a range of projects. This is an administrative position with a potential teaching component. The position offers a non-tenure-track, incentives-based, annually renewable contract. This is a 10-month appointment: August – June. A commitment to public engagement and impact activities will be an advantage. Based in Emporia, KS.
- Supervise student interns
- Provide course instruction of students where needed. (Areas of instruction might include creative writing, professional writing, publications, and internship and field study activities in publishing and literary arts.)
- Coordinate among areas of campus, community, and literary arts to ensure seamless collaboration and quality of projects
- Gather, prepare, and submit the necessary documentation for annual assessments and performance reports
- Maintain project budgets and records
- Create appropriate record keeping and tracking methods to coordinate among a range of projects and publications
- Manage media and technology
- Collaborate with Creative Writing and all faculty
- Contribute creativity and vision to existing publications and outreach, and help to develop new initiatives.
- Be prepared to represent departmental outreach activities and literary arts to various constituencies within and outside the university: Be able to be “the face” of publishing and the literary arts–and its constituencies
- Maintain appropriate communication with all constituencies within and outside the university to facilitate projects and further the objectives of the department and the Reichardt Center for Publishing and Literary Arts
- Qualified applicants will have at minimum a Master’s degree and significant work experience, or equivalent experience in disciplines relevant to the position: Art, Business, Creative Writing, English, Graphic Design, and/or Marketing.
- Candidates must have proven project managerial experience and significant skills and experience with the technologies relevant to the position.
- This individual must be creative, goal-oriented, and organized, with collaborative leadership skills.
- Must have the ability and experience to motivate, develop, and direct students, staff, and projects.
- Familiarity with trends in contemporary design and marketing is required.
- Significant capabilities with publications and media are preferred. These include but are not limited to skills and experience with InDesign, publications editing, audio and visual arts (video, film, podcasting), and social media/marketing.
- Proficiency in Spanish or bilingual (Spanish/English) is preferred.
- Salary is commensurate to experience.
- Emporia State University offers a generous benefit package. Such as health benefits, retirement options, paid time off, dependent and spouse tuition waiver program, and many other benefits.
To apply, upload a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references at https://bit.ly/3H2RmMz
A background check and official transcripts are required prior to hire.
Review of Application Materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Position preferred starting date: August 15,2023
For more information
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.