Course: Fundamentals of Public Speaking
About the University: LNU-MSU College of International Business (CIB) is located in the coastal city of Dalian in Liaoning Province of northeast China. It is an educational partnership between Missouri State University of the USA (MSU) and Liaoning Normal University of China (LNU). The partnership between LNU and MSU was formed in June 2000. LNU-MSU CIB offers a two-year AA degree in General Studies and a four-year BS degree in General Business. The program is available to Chinese and international students alike. LNU-MSU offers a unique learning environment for both Chinese and International students. One key to the success of the program is our management strategy. Like most other partnership programs, the Chinese side, LNU, is responsible for the provision and maintenance of facilities. What makes our program stand out is that MSU is solely responsible for establishing and maintaining academic standards similar to those students could expect if they were enrolled at MSU in the United States. Since we are offering a Western education in China with an intention of sending students abroad, all classes are taught in English and follow a regular university schedule similar to what you might find in the US.
The program in Dalian is formally approved by the governing bodies of both universities - the Ministry of Education in the People's Republic of China and the MSU Board of Governors in the United States. The goal of this educational partnership is to increase cultural and educational exchange, and to promote friendship and understanding between the United States and China. LNU-MSU Website: http://china.missouristate.edu/cib LNU Website: http://english.lnnu.edu.cn/index.html
About the Job: Faculty are approved by Missouri State University and employed by Liaoning Normal University as consultant lecturers, who work in cooperation with MSU to successfully teach an MSU - West Plains Associate of Arts degree in General Studies. They are not employees of MSU and are expected to fulfill the obligations detailed in their contracts from LNU. Full-time faculty teach 15 lecture hours and hold 5 office hours per week. Faculty typically teach five sections of a single course. Interaction with students outside the classroom is encouraged.
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- 15,515 – 18,632 RMB per month (before tax).
- Contracts are 12 months, August through July, with 12 paid months.
- One-year employment contracts are standard per the Chinese Government work visa policy. Candidates looking to teach multiple years are preferred.
Additional Benefits for Faculty:
- Chinese work permit and visa
- Round-trip ticket: One-way airfare to Dalian and, upon completion of contract, a return ticket to permanent domicile
- Insurance: Accident & Critical Illness Insurance (In-Patient), Accident Insurance (Out-Patient), & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- An apartment on campus (subject to availability), or 3,800 RMB/month housing allowance
- A master’s degree in the subject the applicant is applying to teach (or a closely related field)
- Two or more years of teaching experience in a related field (teaching experience at the University or College level preferred)
- Successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check as per Chinese work visa requirements
- Experience with students for whom English is a second language is helpful, but not required
How to Apply: To apply, email the following materials in one PDF document to: LNU-MSU_Employment@Live.MissouriState.edu
- All earned Diplomas - undergraduate through highest degree earned
- All transcripts - undergraduate through highest degree earned
Your official transcripts will be required if selected.
* Please include your last name and the position you are applying for in your email subject heading and for your PDF document name: e.g. "Jones - English".